Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A boyfriend in need of help.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi! I'm currently dating my girlfriend(clearly) who has depression. She's had it well before we met and began dating. She takes medicine for her depression and depression also has try numberous medicine. Currently, she is admitted to the hosiptal for the second time to be in impatient because she tried to take her life for the second time. I've reached out for help and I'm learning what depression is but I need help in ways that I could support her and I'm also confused on what I should do. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Just tell her that you're there for her and love her
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm useless but all I can say is what Steph said, just tell her you love her
  • Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi @Salvg ,

Welcome to The Mix, great to see you posting here looking for some help for how you can support your girlfriend. Sounds like she's going through a tough time at the moment, its really positive that you're trying help her. :yes:

We've got a skill-up course on Anxiety and Depression which might be useful to do, it aims to provide an overview of expert information, lived experience and ideas of where to get support. You can sign up here

We've also got an article which is all about understanding depression which could be helpful to read too, you can find it here

Your girlfriend is welcome to come on the boards and talk herself if she'd like to as well, we also have other services she could access if she wanted to such as our helpline, 1-2-1 chat and group chat, have a look here for more info

Hope this helps, feel free to post more, you're always welcome to if you like :)