Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just back from A & E and want to break down, don't feel I can distract myself

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
^^ floods of tears in public library and I don't care. I went to a and e , just discharged

Comments

• Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    What are you up 2?
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Would you like to tell us a bit more about what happened? Maybe we can offer you more support with whats going on for you right now?

Keep us updated,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    TRIGGERING**********

Things got too much yesterday and wanted to commit suicide and thought I could, so went to A &E. Had stupid irrelevant tests like blood pressure, heart rate, blood sugars and temp done - dunno why if it's a MH problem! Then shortly after waiting I got a room in a and e and waited until I spoke to a medical doctor at a and e. The doctor phoned the psychiatry liaison team and was told I'd have to wait to speak to them. Then not long later I sat and spoke to two nurses - it wasn't pleasant experience any of it - they said stuff like its great you have uni and we'd recommend you go back to class today for distraction. And that apparently I've managed to distract myself full time in a and e - well I did chat with student nurse from uni (she came with me)., but often burst into tears and starting pacing about the massive room, they put me in, shouting stuff cause I was upset. They also made it out it was a cry for help and I only went to get somewhere, but I genuinely wanted to commit suicide. They gave me some suggestions and said they'd recommend to my psychiatrist I get some more regular support - probably like a CPN to see weekly. They made it out I am just looking for someone to chat to :( I guess the recommendation was a positive. I got psychiatrist appointment pulled forward to Wednesday coming so I will see him. But they say oh that's good and stuff and I just sit there saying no it doesn't change that my life is doomed (I believe it) and I am so scared of life I want to die and there are so many more reasons. I said about being fat and my mum calling me names, they were just like that must be hard, but so what your mum calls you names it's more because of what she is saying your getting wound up (that's kinda true) and they said well you can start exercising, telling me t go for daily walks cause it's good for mental and psychiat health, and to help me loose weight too. Then afterwards I went up to class but couldn't walk in as 150people so went to library instead to faff abut and distract myself- ended up phoning MH team , wouldn't stop crying, I got impulsive and ran infront of a car, this time I almost got hit, but they swerved, then I walked back into library posted on here. Decided I'd go and quit uni and live on the streets that moment. I just was wanting to make irrational and impulsive decisions- ended up I spoke to student health nurse again and took my calm down meds, and that calmed me down, went home and slept until now and getting agitated again. I hate life and I'm doomed and want to die. Keep making plans in my head
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Apologies, I phoned breathing space and decided after that I will at least wait until my appointment on Wednesday.
  • Options
    Apologies, I've just went and edited my posts, sorry if anyone saw anything triggering. Didn't think the edit button would still be open, maybe it's a fault, but anyways it gave me the chance to remove triggering posts., and put a warning for my other posts.

Basically I'm really struggling and my MH is really bad at the moment.
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I don't mind triggering posts so if you want to talk about triggering stuff as I've said before you can pm me
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    *hug* apandav, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment.

We're all here and happy to listen :)
  • Options
    Thank you both!

Steph- really appreciate it but don't want to put pressure on you to reply and stuff- wouldn't want to do that to anyone (especially as you have your own stuff going on, but its not just because of it). Thank you so much, and thanks for supporting me on my threads, I appreciate it! I just feel if I use the threads , if you want you can reply here but there is no pressure, and if I was to PM you , maybe it would feel more pressure to reply and stuff. I don't want to drag anyone else down, or make them feel worse!
  • Options
    I just want to die, and do it for real and not phone anyone beforehand- I said to myself I would wait it out until wednesday (psychiatrist appointment) but I don't know if I can, as starting to make plans to die again!
  • Options
    Think I should just end it all tomorrow.....can't take this anymore
  • Options
    Morning apandav,
    Sorry things are so bad right now :(
    Maybe there is something that you could focus on today, like a movie, a walk or some studying that might distract you from the feelings? I know the feeling is so intense, but is there something that might help you step back from everything that's going on in your head right now?
  • Options
    I went for a walk, still thinking about it the full time.

It's been going on too long, it never resolves,I always believe I'm doomed either way, so what is the point?

Can't study as can't focus,and exams 5th and 6th - I'm least prepared ever, and we don't get study leave this year! So I'm doomed even for short term future a well as long term, so I want to fix it all now. I really want to die.
  • Options
    apandav wrote: »
    I went for a walk, still thinking about it the full time.

It's been going on too long, it never resolves,I always believe I'm doomed either way, so what is the point?

Can't study as can't focus,and exams 5th and 6th - I'm least prepared ever, and we don't get study leave this year! So I'm doomed even for short term future a well as long term, so I want to fix it all now. I really want to die.

Do uni know what is going on? Might you be able to get extenuating circumstances / defer your exams until another point? It might help to take some of your pressure away if you can discuss with them now a strategy to sit your exams :)
  • Options
    Yes they know I have MH issues, as I'm registered with the disability service and have adjustments etc. Also the student health nurse knows , she went with a and e with me too! I know that there are extenuating circumstances forms , and if you provide evidence, they may be able to discount your exam, so instead of the actual resit exam being considered a resit, it's a first attempt. Also in some circumstances they can just pass you, based on coursework, but I doubt that as there isn't much coursework for me to do.
  • Options
    Actually supposed to be seeing PDA tomorrow, for a dreaded meeting about personal development(everyone must have one. Maybe I'll mention to him.

But thoughts are quite bad so don't know if I'll be alive much longer, if I'm honest.
  • Options
    Maybe putting something in place might help you feel a little better - and - if you do end up being around longer than you expect, then the situation is set up to your benefit?
  • Options
    Good idea :( I just feel so suicidal , and really want to die. I was off speaking to my PDA (personal development adviser at uni) and he said he can discuss with curse director if there are any other alternative assessments instead of exams or any ways they can make it easier to reach my full potential at university.

Ultimately I just want to die though
  • Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Amanda,

Sounds like you were having a really tough day yesterday, how are you feeling today? Sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, seems like you're really struggling to cope at the moment, you mentioned speaking to the PDA at uni, it sounds like you're trying to get help for yourself with your exams which sounds really positive. I saw you mentioned you got a really good mark in one of your other assessments, well done, that's great news!

If you're really finding things too overwhelming we would urge you to contact a crisis support service such as Samaritans or Papyrus or to contact the emergency services as we're not able to give crisis support here.

You're doing really well to continue to talk here about what's going on, we're here to talk more if you'd like to *hug*

• Options
    Hi Steph, thank you for your reply!

Still feeling rubbish if I am honest and having a lot of bad thoughts. But since my psychiatrists appointment is tomorrow, that's sort of motivated me a bit to try to get on with the day- so I have been trying to fill my time- I went to the mindfulness meditation at uni, pushed myself as it means that 30mins over. It's really about waiting it out :/

Yes, I spoke to my PDA about it, well everyone in my year had to have a meeting, but my PDA and I also chatted a bit about my issues. I have to meet him again, as they uni are looking for ways to help me in these circumstances. I did, and I feel proud of it- at least it's something positive, and means I already have a 24% weighting for one class (I need 40 overall, with every element combined). However, still worried about my other class (which also has an exam) especially, I am so behind, have bad focus at the moment and missed a lot of class.

I understand, I am just getting frustrated and I have been seeking crisis support from my MH team over past couple of weeks (as I've needed it) and also A & E once. I am still not allowed to phone PAPYRUS- they are restricting my calls until january. They said it's for my own good and because it's a "short term" service, but I am really struggling and actually have got worse since with my suicidal stuff. It is supposed to help me, but I am actually deteriorating - I have became a lot riskier and brave at trying bad things!

Overall, still feel doomed and don't think anything will help, but am waiting until my psychiatrist appointment tomorrow.