Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Heyy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heyy Im new.

IVE JUST JOINED.

Im 22.

MY NAME IS STACEY

I have postpartum pyschosis and bipolar.

THEY PUT ME AT HIGH RISK OF PP BECAUSE I HAVE BIPOLAR.

I was in hospital but I cant remember (becsuse I dont want to remember it)

I WAS DISCHARGED BECAUSE I WAS SHOWING STABLE.

Ive been out for 6weeks.

BUT I THINK I AM DEVELOPING IT AGAIN.

The spirits tell me not to tell them. So i come on here annoymously?

I DONT TAKE MY MEDICATION BECASUSE THE SPIRITS TELL ME NOT TO.

I have thoughts of harming my daughter.

TAKING HER TO VIEW THE WORLD.

Comments

• Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Stacey :wave:

Welcome to the boards here at The Mix. Thanks for posting this thread, lovely to have you here! Thanks for sharing this about yourself. It sounds like you're concerned at the moment, could you tell us a bit more about why you think you're developing this again?

Sounds like it's been a difficult time for you recently, you're doing really well to talk about it here, you mentioned you have thoughts of harming your daughter, what thoughts have you been having and what do you mean when you say 'taking her to view the world'?

We have an article here which might be useful to have a look at which has links to other organisations which might be useful to have a look at as well as a video about psychosis.

Let us know how you're doing at the moment, we're here to try and support you. :)

(I've also moved your post from the start here section to the health and well being section as you might get more replies here)
  • Options
    Hi 👋

THANKYOU.

Well I remember the symptoms and I'm well enough at the moment to recognise that.

I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S POSSIBLE TO DEVELOP IT AGAIN THOUGH..

They don't really like me talking about it.

TO HARM HER

We like standing on top of a carpark, we feel safe there.

I'M NOT REALLY SURE,

My eyes, objects, words and reflections scare me

TOO FAST OR TOO SLOW. NON MOVING
  • Options
    louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Hey Stacey

Welcome to themix. How are you feeling today? Have you spoke to anyone about all these feelings and does anyone else help take care of your child?

Louisa x
  • Options
    Hi.

I just stay in my wardrobe most of the day and have my daughter in my room.

I GOT SO ANGRY THE OTHER DAY I SCRAPED MY SCALPEL WHAT I SELF HARM WITH ACROSS MY WALL

It was like I was being took over by something..

THANKYOU

They know but I don't want to go back into hospital as it was really traumatic last time.

I DON'T LET ANYONE TAKE CARE OF MY DAUGHTER
  • Options
    Hi Stacey, :wave:

That sounds really difficult for you to be going through, you're doing really well to write down here whats been going on and how you're feeling.

You mentioned you got so angry the other day that you scraped your scalpel you use to self harm with across the wall and it felt like you were being took over by something. Sounds very hard to deal with, you're doing so well to talk about it here. What was it that made you get so angry the other day and has this happened before?

There's an article on The Mix website about dealing with anger which might be helpful to have a read of too.

That sounds really hard that you don't want to go back into hospital, what was traumatic about when you were in hospital last time?

• Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Hiya Stacey,

Welcome to the The Mix discussion boards; it is always great to see new people joining - i will be around on the discussion boards and in live chats so see you round.

We are a friendly bunch here who look out and support each other so feel to worried about getting stuck straight in.*hug*

Jessica
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Is it safe to be writing on here? I don't really like clicking on links as I don't know if they are safe.

I don't really know. It's happened before, yes.

I didn't voluntary go Into hospital so they forced in there. Restrained me and left marks. It's not something I want to think about or happen again.
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Hello Stacey :wave: - yes it is safe to be writing on here and it sounds like you are having a very tough time at the moment.

feel free to talk about it more if and when you feel ready. :)

''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Stacey :wave: Welcome to the boards, and yes it is completely safe to be writing on here. It's already encouraging that you are using the boards to share your thoughts and sorry to here you're going through a difficult time. How are you feeling today?

Keep talking if it helps, we're all here to support you *hug*

• Options
    Hello there Stacey How are you feeling? I understand this is difficult for you however it is really positive that you are posting on the boards here and asking for some help and support. We are here for you.

Do you think this could perhaps be withdrawal symptoms, after having been in the hospital for a little while?x
  • Options
    I'm unsure.

I sit in my wardrobe most of the time.

I REALLY NEED TO CUT AGAIN :( THEY'RE TELLING ME TO.

Holding a knife over me. Not to tell anyone.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Stacey, welcome - I'm glad to see you've continued to feel able to post.

it sounds like these voices hold quite a lot of power at the moment. How are you feeling this evening?

I just wondered how it might feel to stand up to the voices? Is this something you've tried before? What might you say to them? How might you tell them they're wrong?

I also wondered if you have any distraction techniques, you say you sit in your wardrobe most of the time which to some extent may help you feel safe - yet perhaps longer term may leave you feeling scared and isolated.

You mention you find it hard to trust links - one thing to remember is that the links we posted are from carefully selected sources so if you feel you can manage it, do take a look at some coping tips here: http://www.hearing-voices.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Hearing_Voices_Coping_Strategies_web.pdf

Take care and remember you can come here any time day or night. There may not always be someone here to reply, but this is a safe space for you to get things off your chest.

• Options
    They just tell me I'm fat. Too fat to look after myself and my daughter. Slit some fat of my stomach. I tell them they're wrong but they turn nastier telling me to slit some fat of my stomach and slit my neck. They have a knife over me ready.
  • Options
    Hi Stacey, :wave:

Sounds really difficult for you to try and deal with. Is this the voices that you're talking about that are telling you these things? What did you think of what Helen mentioned in her post about standing up to the voices and what you might say to them, is this something you've tried before?

You're doing really well to talk about how what's been going on here, feel free to talk more about what's going on and we, the community will do our best to offer our support to you. *hug*
  • Options
    Yes it's the voices her names Lilly. I am fat too fat to be a mommy so I can't stand up to that voice as it's true. I just want to cut some of my fat off. I do stand up to the other voices but then they shout at me. Your too fat. Kill yourself. No-one loves you.
  • Options
    Hi Stacey, thanks for sharing this with us, how long have you been hearing this voice Lilly for? Is it more than one voice that you are hearing? Sounds like a really hard thing to deal with, you're doing really well to talk about it here.

Have you received any support before with the voices? There's an organisation called Hearing Voices Network, Intervoice and the Voice Collective which might be useful to look at. We're all here to listen if you'd be comfortable to share more about what's going on and how you're feeling, you're doing really well. *hug*
  • Options
    Hello,

I've been hearing her for a long time.

I DID HAVE SUPPORT FROM VOICE COLLECTIVE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER.

She keeps telling me I'm too fat, too fat, I need to die.

I'LL LOOK AT THE OTHER ORGANISATIONS THANKYOU.