Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bulimia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,
This is my first post on the forum
Please I would like to get help but I don't know how?
I am 21 years old and I a suffering from Bulimia, I started this 8 years ago and I still can't stop,every day when I eat I try to vomit I am not really thin, I am normal that is probably because I don't vomit everything. and when I think I have gained weight I would usually go to the gym and exercise a lot. Also, I spend too much money on food as I eat a lot during the day.
Because of this bad habit I am scared that one day I will get a disease.
I really need help ! Please don't judge me , I don't know how to stop doing this but I the same time I don't want to get fat, I hate being fat :(

Comments

• Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi ait, welcome to The Mix discussion boards. Thanks for posting this thread, you've done a really positive thing by looking for some help for yourself. We've moved your thread to the Health and Well-being section as you might get more responses here. We're not here to judge you, we're here to listen and try to support you as best we can. :) It sounds like you've been going through a difficult time, but it's a good thing that you'd like to get help.

We have an article here called 'How I faced up to Bulimia' which might be useful to look at if you haven't already. We also have an article about Bulimia here which might be helpful to look at. Not sure if you've heard of the organisation
    B-eat but they help people overcome eating disorders through helplines which is 0345 634 1414 and they also have online support and self-help groups.

Hope this helps, you're being really brave to talk about this :)