Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Would like support looking at exam result

Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Basically, had the shittiest exam ever. I could barely think, let alone write, I knew I write alot, just very unsure of whether any of it was good. The exam is a very, very important part of my overall degree mark. I'm too scared to look at it because it is very likely I've done badly. Therefore, I know it is likely I will be in bed for days depressed and extremely low.

I feel like a coward, but I'd like some support. There's nobody close to me who I'd feel comfortable with disclosing this information to also. I feel really scared, but also quite shitty for not being brave and just opening them.

Thanks guys
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    How recent was the exam? Is it too late to apply for extenuating circumstances? If not then it could be a good idea to talk to whoever is responsible for pastoral support in your department and find out what is needed to apply - I believe this is normally a letter from your doctor that is then considered at the exam board.

If you can't apply for extenuating cirumstances is there a chance you'd be allowed to retake?

*hug*
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We're here for you starry night and whatever happens when you open them we can help you work through your next steps.

Wishing you lots of luck and sending hugs *hug*
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    Hiya, I know this a late response but still. I ended up with 63% in the exam and ended up with a 2:1 overall. At the time OI was so freaked out, and with good reason, I usually get an extra hour because of anxiety issues in my exams but they didn't give that to me, there was an error on the student support systems, so no wonder I felt like time was running out so quickly! Either way, everything is OK now and I'm doing an MA at the same university. Thanks for your help guys!
  • Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Ah no worries at all, thanks for the update @Starry night it's really great to hear that everything is all OK now, hope your MA is going well and remember we're always here if you wanna chat about anything in the future :yes: