Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Guys

Sorry to just jump straight in and post...just having a bit of a tough time mentally at the moment. It's not circumstantial...I should feel happy that my life (although not perfect) is pretty great. But I just can't snap out of feeling really low.

I'm really driven to follow my dream but now when I need that drive, it's gone and I feel frustrated by my lack of enthusiasm to keep going.

Sorry...trying not to whinge as I know people experience pretty traumatic events and I too was once there and I am happy that things aren't "that" bad. But there is something about feeling low when in reality there is no real reason for it....

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Elle, welcome to The Mix community.

You've just taken a very brave step by posting. You should be very proud of yourself :heart:

Sorry to hear you're struggling, it's positive that you say your life is pretty great, sometimes we can live a happy life, but still struggle and feel low. Your not alone in that.

Lacking motivation to follow your dreams sound hard, just wondering if you have ever thought about starting a vision board, you could do an online one or even get creative and make your own, it could help you keep focused on your dreams and to carry on with following them.

Your not whinging, what your feeling is valid, sometimes we don't know why we feel the way we do, have you spoken to anybody about what your feeling? It could be worth speaking to a GP if you haven't already, they may be able to help :heart:

Do keep posting though, we are here for you :thumb:

Take care
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Hello Elle :wave:

Welcome to The Mix community, sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time.

We are all here to help and support you in any way we can.*hug*

Keep on talking
    Jessica
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Both

Thank you...it's just nice to know someone "gets it".

I haven't thought of a vision board before but sounds like a great idea! I'll get my creative hat on!! Thanks for the tip :-)

I have seen my GP previously for complicated grief and PTSD...this feels so "minor" in contrast and other than saying "I feel low" I wouldn't know what to say...
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Great you like the idea of a vision board.

Do you think maybe you could speak to your GP again, there is a great tool call docready which can help when going to the doctor regarding mental health, if you're unsure what to say.

http://www.docready.org/#/home < Hopefully it helps :heart:

Do keep posting on here if you need too, we are here for you

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "