Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Long-term depression

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been feeling depressed for a long time and have come to a point where I don't even feel I can smile anymore. People i've reached out to have more or less told me to go elsewhere and, on the occasion i've tried to get in touch with them, have even just completely ignored me without an acknowledgement. I don't feel i'm being unreasonable in that I give people space, am never imposing and do my best for anyone who asks for my help. I'm scared though that things aren't going to change for me and I can see that life is passing me by.

Comments

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Are you on an antidepresant for the depression?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, i've tried using them in the past but the feelings are more circumstantial than they are chemical.
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Sharpenski, :wave:

Sounds like things are really difficult for you at the moment, how are you feeling now? Thanks for sharing here a bit about whats been going on for you, it's really positive that you're looking for some help for yourself here. Seems really hard for you that the people you've reached out to have more or less told you to go elsewhere or ignored you. Who have you reach out to in the past?

What makes you say that you're scared that things aren't going to change for you?

We're got an article called Coping with depression which might be useful to have a read of. We also have a live group support chat which on Sunday to Thursday evening each week from 8 to 9.30pm where you can come to get peer support.

Feel free to keep posting here if it is helping to, we're here for you! *hug*