Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it a good thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it good thing to Admit you know have a problem you need help from your gp i have allways told myself i do this by myself but i cant its so hard tried 24/7 mix Emotions so is it a good thing to ask for helo and admit there a problem???

Comments

• Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Morning, hope you're feeling ok this morning.

I'm sure other users will have an opinion, but as a mod I do have to encourage you to seek some support and help where you can, so yes I do think it is a good thing. People of course have mixed experiences with the different services, but unfortunately it is very difficult to get any support without going down those channels.

Have a read of a couple of articles which may help - in particular Going to see your GP might help set your mind at ease. If you self harm, this article may help too.

It's important to try and tell yourself that these people can help you get better and if that's something that you want then although admitting you need help is very difficult, it could be the first step on your road to recovery :) In the meantime, look after yourself and don't forget about self care.