Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feeling stressed out :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i am trying to change the way i think and the way i am but so far don't seem to getting very far with it i can stop some of the bad thought in the day but they come back at night like i am at war with my head at night i h8 it i am just trying to be more of a happy person and be more happy with myself but finding it really hard dose anyone have any idea to help me

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Sian,

I think a lot of people can relate to the frustration of trying to make yourself happier and not managing to. It certainly isn't easy, and sometimes it just isn't realistic. The way you describe being at war with your head at night certainly doesn't sound very nice at all. :(

Sometimes it can pay to let yourself be with your thoughts instead of fighting them; if you need to be sad, be sad. If you need to cry, cry. If you need to be angry, let yourself be angry. Constantly battling to go against the grain of your moods can, sometimes, do more harm than good. It's great to try and pick yourself up and find legitimate ways of improving your quality of life, but it's another matter altogether when you try and make yourself feel something you're not ready to feel.

I hear what you're saying, though, and trying to find ways of lifting your mood and bettering your mental health is a really positive thing to do. :yes: I know you've talked about anxiety and depression in previous threads; have you been receiving any support for your mental health, recently?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Hiya sian.

This sounds really tough for you, im so sorry that your not having a good time at the moment. You say you can stop them in the day? What do you do differently in the day that you don't do at night? For me during the day im doing activities, going to college and working so i don't really have time to think. At night however i usually just lay in bed and think, maybe this is what happens with you.

If this is the case i would suggest finding some distraction activities. A few i have to suggest is watching tv/iplayer, coloring, painting, writing, singing, dancing, reading, playing distractions games online or on social media. These of course as just a few but may able you to distract yourself from your bad thoughts and might make you feel happier and more relaxed. Maybe other users have other ideas?

Hope this helps. Much love

Louisa x
  • Options
    Mike wrote: »
    Hey Sian,

I think a lot of people can relate to the frustration of trying to make yourself happier and not managing to. It certainly isn't easy, and sometimes it just isn't realistic. The way you describe being at war with your head at night certainly doesn't sound very nice at all. :(

Sometimes it can pay to let yourself be with your thoughts instead of fighting them; if you need to be sad, be sad. If you need to cry, cry. If you need to be angry, let yourself be angry. Constantly battling to go against the grain of your moods can, sometimes, do more harm than good. It's great to try and pick yourself up and find legitimate ways of improving your quality of life, but it's another matter altogether when you try and make yourself feel something you're not ready to feel.

I hear what you're saying, though, and trying to find ways of lifting your mood and bettering your mental health is a really positive thing to do. :yes: I know you've talked about anxiety and depression in previous threads; have you been receiving any support for your mental health, recently?

yer maybe i should try to let it out but i am very scared that if i let my thought in that i will end up self harm again and also scared of what will happen as never done this before i have spoken to a doc they have put me back on meds to help me sleep at night again but i think i need to rebook with my doc and talk to him again and get some help
  • Options
    louisa982 wrote: »
    Hiya sian.

This sounds really tough for you, im so sorry that your not having a good time at the moment. You say you can stop them in the day? What do you do differently in the day that you don't do at night? For me during the day im doing activities, going to college and working so i don't really have time to think. At night however i usually just lay in bed and think, maybe this is what happens with you.

If this is the case i would suggest finding some distraction activities. A few i have to suggest is watching tv/iplayer, coloring, painting, writing, singing, dancing, reading, playing distractions games online or on social media. These of course as just a few but may able you to distract yourself from your bad thoughts and might make you feel happier and more relaxed. Maybe other users have other ideas?

Hope this helps. Much love

Louisa x

that great thank you yer i keep my self busy with work seeing friends walking my dog but at night when i get in to bed then all come back like they heading for war with my head and its keeps me up at night just don't seem to stop i have try a few of them things before i might start my jogging back up and try to get back in to getting in shape as i found that really help as made me tired and went to sleep all most right away but thank you all for all the help and kindness means a lot :)

help a lot thank you louisa
    much love
    sian :) x
  • Options
    Hey @sianloveronald

I just wanted to drop a link in to the Live life to the full site - http://www.llttf.com/index.php - they have loads of online self-help courses that you might be interested in and could be something to try out in the evenings as well?

Rebooking with the doc to see what other support they can offer sounds like a good idea too - it's good the meds are helping you to sleep but it sounds like talking about some of these feelings and being able to work them out might be useful as well.

Feel free to keep posting, we're here to listen and support you :)
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Hey @sianloveronald

I just wanted to drop a link in to the Live life to the full site - http://www.llttf.com/index.php - they have loads of online self-help courses that you might be interested in and could be something to try out in the evenings as well?

Rebooking with the doc to see what other support they can offer sounds like a good idea too - it's good the meds are helping you to sleep but it sounds like talking about some of these feelings and being able to work them out might be useful as well.

Feel free to keep posting, we're here to listen and support you :)

thank you jo7 i will have a look at it i have a lot to deal with and not sure how ti deal with it all have stop eating now self harming agaion :(
  • Options
    Hey @sianloveronald - did you manage to rebook with the doctor?

If you feel worse then it's really important to keep them in the loop so that they can monitor your medication as well as make sure they are offering you the right support - have you been offered a referral for counselling at all?

Also, don't forget TESS - they are an orgnisation that offers support to young women that self harm. You can contact them via email or text in the evenings from 7-9pm: http://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/tess-text-and-email-support-service

Keep talking to us, we're here to listen and help you as much as we can *hug*
  • Options
    Hey @sianloveronald - did you manage to rebook with the doctor?

If you feel worse then it's really important to keep them in the loop so that they can monitor your medication as well as make sure they are offering you the right support - have you been offered a referral for counselling at all?

Also, don't forget TESS - they are an orgnisation that offers support to young women that self harm. You can contact them via email or text in the evenings from 7-9pm: http://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/tess-text-and-email-support-service

Keep talking to us, we're here to listen and help you as much as we can *hug*
    hello jo7 i did talk to my gp they just said get off my meds as have to face it sooner or later things have gone from bad to worse i don't want to be around anymore now my gp don't seem want to help no one around me :(
  • Options
    Hmmm, that sounds like a really unhelpful response from the GP and not very supportive? Would you feel able to ask to see a different GP - finding one that you feel comfortable with, and that you feel like is really on your side can have a huge impact on your recovery and support and you deserve to be listened to. You mentioned seeing friends and walking the dog - are you still doing these things? Perhaps there is a friend you can confide in?

I'm aware I'm making lots of suggestions, what do you think you need right now in terms of support?

Sending hugs

*hug*
  • Options
    Hmmm, that sounds like a really unhelpful response from the GP and not very supportive? Would you feel able to ask to see a different GP - finding one that you feel comfortable with, and that you feel like is really on your side can have a huge impact on your recovery and support and you deserve to be listened to. You mentioned seeing friends and walking the dog - are you still doing these things? Perhaps there is a friend you can confide in?

I'm aware I'm making lots of suggestions, what do you think you need right now in terms of support?

Sending hugs

*hug*

i walk the dog but he never lisent to me which stress me out more my sl called friend well she dose not want to know so giving up whats the point ion anything anymore
  • Options
    From what you have said it sounds like you could really do with someone to talk to about how you feel and to be taken seriously. We are listening here :heart: I'm sorry your friend doesn't seem to be able to help, is there anyone else that's been a good listener in your life in the past?

How have you been spending your time the last couple of weeks? Can you tell us a bit more about your daily routine and how things have been the last few days?

You are important and you matter *hug*

• Options
    From what you have said it sounds like you could really do with someone to talk to about how you feel and to be taken seriously. We are listening here :heart: I'm sorry your friend doesn't seem to be able to help, is there anyone else that's been a good listener in your life in the past?

How have you been spending your time the last couple of weeks? Can you tell us a bit more about your daily routine and how things have been the last few days?

You are important and you matter *hug*

thank you jo7 but i don't have anyone i get up walk the dog go to work come back walk the dog sleep as get so tried all i want to do it sleep run around after my niece pick her up from school if i am needed to but most of the time alone in my room why family all talking to each other jst don't see the point in being here anymore i don't feel as if i do matter to anyone
  • Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    hi sian,

just wanted to see how you're doing at the moment? sounds like you've got a lot going on for you, sounds really hard that you don't have anyone. We're here for you here if you'd like to talk to us about about things *hug*Sorry to hear that you don't really like you matter to anyone, what would you ideally like to happen in your situation? We've got an article here which might be useful to read about work stress too. Hope it helps.

We're all here for you :)
  • Options
    Steph wrote: »
    hi sian,

just wanted to see how you're doing at the moment? sounds like you've got a lot going on for you, sounds really hard that you don't have anyone. We're here for you here if you'd like to talk to us about about things *hug*Sorry to hear that you don't really like you matter to anyone, what would you ideally like to happen in your situation? We've got an article here which might be useful to read about work stress too. Hope it helps.

We're all here for you :)

right now i don't no just want to matter enough to omeone for them to care about me to make sure i am doing ok but don't seem to matter to anyone so whats the poit in being here anymore
  • Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Sian, sounds hard wanting someone to care about you and make sure you're doing OK. You were saying that you don't matter to anyone. As Jo was saying you do matter and this is community is here for you. *hug*

• Options
    Steph wrote: »
    Hi Sian, sounds hard wanting someone to care about you and make sure you're doing OK. You were saying that you don't matter to anyone. As Jo was saying you do matter and this is community is here for you. *hug*

hello steph yes is very hard to find someone that means a lot thank :)