Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Loading the boards

HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
I've just logged on this morning, and I noticed it took 5 minutes to load. Whenever I click onto another page, it's taking 2 minutes to load. I tried clicking the next page, but that just didn't seem to want to work, hence why I'm writing out a new thread. Just thought I'd let you all know
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey Hann,

We've noticed this too! Our tech team are actually looking into it at the moment, but knowing you guys are also getting long loading times helps us understand the problem a bit more. What browser are you using?

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Chrome, also will one of you reply to pms please <.<
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I am having the same issue - with Chrome and also mobile safari for IPad/IPhone. When I try to post, it takes a while to load- usually when I refresh the post does appear though!
  • Options
    Thanks both!

#Protip - when you're trying to post something, you can usually refresh it after just a few seconds and it will appear like @apandav says, so there's no need to wait until it actually stops loading. Saying that, there will always be exceptions to the rule so it's often a good idea to copy what you're about to post to your clipboard just in case something funny does happen. :thumb:

@Hann, we'll be looking at them today. :)

Mike

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not having this issue, I'm having another one though. When ever I try to log in through my phone, it simply doesn't let me, it won't let me access the password box or click the sign in button, but when it does the page just refreshes and still doesn't log me in
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    I'm not having this issue, I'm having another one though. When ever I try to log in through my phone, it simply doesn't let me, it won't let me access the password box or click the sign in button, but when it does the page just refreshes and still doesn't log me in

Hmmm... how annoying! Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Mike

• Options
    I just wanted to add this (what Hiccup described) happens to me a lot on my phone (but not on any other devices) - I've noticed it tends to be when I'm using public wifi when out and not so much at home- not that, that would really be helpful as all wifi connections will vary!
  • Options
    The Mix wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know apandav. What type of phone are you using?

Steph

iPhone (4s)