Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My best friend

Hi
I have an amazing best friend and we went on holiday together but because of me being slow (I have mobility problems) we missed our flight home and she was really annoyed and I was trying to ring people to ask them for money (I had ran out) and so had she but she was able to ask someone and she had left me in the airport to sort myself out to get some money BUT she came back!! And asked me if I had been crying and I said yes. On our way to the desk to book a new flight she suggested I get a wheelchair so I asked for one and she helped push it and then she wheeled me to the cafe where she bought me some food and looked after me until I got home.
She's been so good to me but I feel like I don't deserve her
What can I do?

Comments

• StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Rach, :wave:

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you missed your flight home, sounds like your friend after at first being really annoyed later looked after you made sure you got home OK, sounds like a really good friend! What makes you feel like you don't deserve her a friend? What sort of thing would you like to do?

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It was not cool of her to become pissy with you, even though her anger is somewhat understandable. She understands that she treated you poorly and tried to rectify the situation. I think calling her up and apologizing for the missed flight and thanking her that she came back to look after you would not go amiss. She might not have come back for a lesser friend (which would be shit, but oh well), but maybe there is something about you that made her realize it is more important to keep the friendship than sever over the missed flight?