Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Owning a dog and working full time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
We are hoping to have a ess in the next few months. We both work I work 7 hrs per day I can pop in to see the pup n let them outside. I have a 20 minute break. We will also ensure the pup is given a long walk in the morning and the evening. I also have family near who can also if needed pop in to ensure the pup is let out. Would this be suitable for the pup, or would we need someone at home all the time. We will also be ensure for the first week we are both at home.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi Lorni! How exciting that you're considering getting a dog. I'm afraid I'm not a pet expert, and I know a lot of things depend on the breed as well, but if you have a read of these articles from The Kennel Club - it looks like there is loads of useful information about what to consider. I would suggest though that you chat to your breeder about the specific dogs and what would be right for them :)