Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Awkward Moments

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
Hi everyone,

As much as we don't want to admit it we have all had those awkward moments - the ones you swear to yourself never to tell anyone. Well the good news is you can now share those moments with other users of TheMix - we don't bite I promise :hyper:

It wouldn't be fair for me to make this thread, without sharing some of my awkward moments:

Walking into the men's bathroom, and quickly dashing out hoping no-one saw me :P

Awkwardly walking into people at uni, who I know from school but never talked too.

Having a coughing fit in the cinema.

Asking my lab partner how to spelling her name - it turned out something like "Eloi...." - she told me her name was "Olive" - I didn't realise her name was Olivia (after knowing her for like 6months).

Walking past my high school teachers in public.

Now it's your turn to share :yes: ........ Don't be shy :)

Comments

• Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Accidentally texting the wrong person, walking around with hugely smudged make up, ripping my jeans whilst dancing :d
  • RavenclawRavenclaw Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    What a great idea for a thread! I think we all need a reminder now and then that we're not the only ones who do awkward things :')

I've done the walking into the men's toilets, but only when i was much younger thankfully. And I frequently do the accidentally walking around with smudged make-up thing... oops.

Maybe this one is only awkward to me because of how embarrassed I felt at the time, but I'll share it anyway. Last month I was at a friend's house for dinner. My friend's father was dishing out the pasta onto my plate, and asked "Do you like a lot?" We'd been talking about vegetarianism, and what foods we like, so I assumed he meant I liked a lot of different foods and wasn't picky, so I replied very enthusiastically "Yes, loads!" ....only to realise he meant a lot of the pasta on my plate, and I just sounded really greedy. :blush: We all had a bit of a laugh about it later, and he gave me plenty of pasta anyway :yum:
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Thanks for sharing :) yeah it definitely reminds us we are NOT alone :)

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Haha love this thread! :lol:

When you run into someone on the street and have to sidestep but they go the same way, three times! :o
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    I once walked in to a lampost when my nan waved to me from across the street. :rolleyes: Was definitely one of those times where I wanted a hole to open up in the ground and swallow me, ha!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    When you're trying to follow directions on Google Maps using your phone and you're going north instead of south...awkwardly turning around and walking past the people you've already past!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh Christ... Where to start...

Falling over on stage doing the can can in a version of alice in wonderland

Falling over doing duo at a dance competition..

Tripping up multiple times...

Just being a clutz really 😂