Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So, a little update on transitioning!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all! :D

I've been looking for resources, etc, about transitioning and found an online source for prescription hormones, which is extremely reputable. But, this is not about that atm.

I told my house-mate and he took it... really well :D Right now, I'm going home for a few days to tell my parents!~

Any advice on telling my parents? Should I tell one or both at the same time...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey, I am very pleased for you and I can understand and appreciate how much strength and courage this took you to do, well done.

Which parent do you feel most comfortable with? Maybe tell the person who you feel most comfortable with and then that one can pass it on to the other?

All the best x
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Aww, wow! I imagine the good reaction from your housemate was a big relief? :) Props to you for telling people - it takes a lot of courage.

We have an article on coming out which has some bits and pieces in that you may find useful. Just to add to what Hannah said, it likely just depends on how you feel about telling both of them. For example, if you're feeling quite apprehensive about telling them, telling them both in one hit may save a bit of time worrying. I wouldn't say there's a right or wrong way to do this; whatever way makes you most comfortable, go for it. :yes:

Let us know how it goes!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.