Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cancer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi to whoever reads this

I was diagnosed with cancer last year and have had a really rough ride with all of the treatment. I am still undergoing treatment and will be for the next year. Feeling quite alone and in need of a chat with people outside my normal social group and family.

Is there anyone that has a diagnosis or in a similar situation?

Thanks for listening.

Laura x

Comments

• Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Laura,

Welcome to the boards.:wave:

Thanks for your post. Sounds like it's been a difficult time for you, sorry to hear that you've had a really rough ride with the treatment and that you're feeling alone. You've done a really positive thing to reach out for some support. The Mix also runs Support Chat - a place to talk in a group about anything that's on your mind. Support Chat runs from 8pm-9.30pm Sunday - Thursday.

Feel free to keep posting on these boards about anything you'd like to talk about :)
  • Options
    louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Hi laura

I'm so sad to hear about your situation, but happy you have decided to reach out and talk to different people. Like steph said above, group chat is a great place to come and meet new people and friends ( we really are a lovely bunch). Even if you dont find someone in your exact same situation you will find people who will support and be understanding and kind.

As for finding someone with the same diagnosis you may like to go on the Macmillan website and find a local support group? Iv'e heard they are really nice and really help the people who go to them.
    Heres the link for you: http://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/coping/talking-about-cancer/find-groups-and-talks-near-you/index.html?gclid=CI6M166mi8wCFckaGwodZKYKEA

Take care and look after yourself

Louisa x
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi Laura,

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, just wanted to let you know I'm here to listen if it helps :heart:

Chin up *hug* s