Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling like im alone

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
Spoken to my parents today regarding a counselling place that i have found which is close to my college and i asked them if i could go to it because its run by donations and they said, oh yes, cool - its like they aren't even interested that i need proper professional help, i feel like im so alone and i really want someone to talk to who cares but i have no one - im fed up of people not caring about me! :banghead::no:
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I totally get that. Professional help should be god - its always been an amazing experience for me. That being said, make sure you find someone that is a good fit.

I also feel so alone, and so tired and overwhelmed.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Hey jpeople,
    jpeople111 wrote: »
    im fed up of people not caring about me! :banghead::no:

I just wanted to say, one more of a side note, that it's quite brave to say this. I feel like it's something a lot of people would feel too modest to say. So, props.

Regarding the situation with counselling and your parents, I'm wondering if it could be more to do with not feeling able to comment or discuss things, as opposed to them not caring? Maybe due to not fully understanding what's going on, not being able to empathise quite so much, or just not hearing how severe things are for you. That being said, feeling so frustrated and isolated as a result is totally understandable.

Goes without saying, but the community will always be here to talk things through. *hug* It's great that you've found a counselling place, by the way!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Hello again Jessica,

I understand how alone, uncared and isolated you feel as I also feel the same(for many reasons)however the truth is, we are not, we feel that way due to those around us.

Your parents clearly do care Hun othersise they would not have said and instead would have either not acknowledged you saying that at all or simply given you a No.I will add too that you were very brave and took a great step forward in finding a counselling place near to you as well as mentioning it to your parents too.Big thumbs up there Hun👍Perhaps your parents don't know how to currently help you?Maybe they need help in doing that?

We are all here for you and we all care😘
  • Options
    Thank you all for.your.great advice and for caring to reply to a horrible and miserable person like me.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    jpeople111 wrote: »
    Thank you all for.your.great advice and for caring to reply to a horrible and miserable person like me.

How are you feeling?

You are more than welcome-You are not a horrible or miserable person at all Hun xx
  • Options
    Im feeling like shit - i feel like im not good enough and that no one cares about me and no one wants to listen to what i have got to say and i hate myself as well, i hate it how dumb i am, how i look and how i can never do anything right and if i do something right then im never praised and its never appreciated

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    You ARE good enough! People do care Hun and if people didn't care then you would not be receiving replies or support on the boards (and you are!) and people would not be wanting or trying to help you offline either-And they are! :thumb:

Have you ever considered making a positive jar or a positive quotes book?x
  • Options
    How are you doing with sorting out the counselling too?x
  • Options
    How are you doing with sorting out the counselling too?x

Hello Hannah,

I have never thought about making a positive jar or positive quotes book so i will definitely think about it and may give the positive quotes book a try and the counselling, well......that has gone downhill, i got more information from them and they want £40 for the first inital appointment and a £15 donation for every appointment after that and i cant afford that as cheap as it is because i dont have a job; im going to keep looking and if i cant find anything then NHS with its long waiting list is my only hope.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Heya Hun,

I'm sorry it's taken me a little while to reply.I've not been able to access the forums for a while, for a variety of reasons:(

It's positive that you will consider making a positive jar and seeing if that will help you.

Sorry to hear that finding the counselling service went downhill and is now something which is less likely to work with you.Are there any ways that you will be able to use those sessions for perhaps a few weeks until you are able to get further professional support?

NHS do have long waiting lists yeah but that is not your only hope Hun x