Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Struggling, break up after 7 years together

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel you're pain I was in a 7 yr relationshop I gave him Everything I worked the 7 yrs we were together he never got a job I supported him I'm disabled now I was diagnosed with scolosis degenerative disk disease I suffer in pain every day.2015 in Aug in his birthday I saw a post from this girl he has been talking to behind my back we broke up over this in Dec they were together less than a week later I've been so depressed he was the Love of my life. It hurts seeing them together I cry myself to sleep every night because I miss him so much

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey @meshale - I've moved your post into anew topic of its own as the one you posted in was from last year. It sounds like you're struggling and in need of some support right now, crying yourself to sleep sounds exhausting for you.

I'm glad you've found us here at The Mix - you can talk here about anything that's on your mind and get some advice and support from the community :)

You gave a lot to this relationship and it's really painful to see your ex with someone new :( do you have friends or family around you that you feel able to talk to?

It's worth remembering that losing a relationship after all that time can be likened to grief and it takes time to move forward and find acceptance in what's happened so give yourself time and let yourself grieve and cry when you need to.

Let us know how you're doing and keep posting if it's helpful, we're here to listen.

Jo
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hello there Meshale, I really do know how hard this can be.
    As Jo has said, I'm glad you've found us. The community will always try to help and support you through this. It's difficult, and as Jo said, can be very similar to grieving a loved one.
    I was wondering if you've tried talking to a trusted family member or friend about how deeply this has affected you?? If that is not possible, then you could always try contacting an online 1-2-1 support service to talk through your feelings. A great one specifically for relationship issues is relate.org. I think you can email and call them, and they provide an online webchat.
    On the subject of webchats, have you tried joining The Mix support chat? These chats take place on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (with a women's chat on alternate Tuesdays), Wednesdays, and Thursdays between 8pm - 9.30pm. The Mix also run workshops and expert chats which, if they were going to happen, would be announced on the live chat announcements board. Support circle may be great for you too, it happens once a month and provides a supportive, smaller group to talk over your feelings.
    Of course, you can post threads on the boards, and keep posting on this one.
    It is extremely heart breaking to go through this and see a man who once gave his life to you with another woman. It's true that you're pain and grief will improve over time, but this sort of thing is very difficult to get over. Don't let anyone force you to get over it quickly, it's perfectly okay to feel the way you're feeling after losing your relationship.
    I hope this helps you.
    Elle xo.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”