Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

my girlfriend has depression

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im just wondering if anyone is able to help me. my girlfriend has depression and i hate that she has to go through it alone. i love her very much and the thought of her hurting is killing me. she has had help before and has had counselling but her depression keeps coming back. i really want to be able to help her but i dont know how to.if there is anyone that can help me please message me as soon as you can. thankyou

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey @add's, welcome to The Mix boards :wave:

It's great that you felt able to post and share this with us. Although it can be tough supporting a partner with depression, it's really positive that you want to do whatever you can to support your girlfriend.

Being understanding, and reminding her that you care, can go a long way in helping her feel that she doesn't have to go through this alone :yes: We have some advice here on supporting your partner with depression - feel free to have a read :)

Look after yourself too and let us know how you get on *hug*