Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

i dont know me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My name is Alex (15) and i believe thats the most i can introduce myself. i know my name, age, interests, likes and dislikes, etc- but my head keeps telling me things i never thought of... as crazy as it sounds i hear voices in my head when im alone or if its to quiet. I hear a low whisper that say normally one word or small phrases over and over. I dont know if im sick or what it is honestly. I have high depression and anxiety which throws more of an idea on why i would hear voices. i dont sleep much or eat without getting sick. i suppose i am also a bit lonely... i feel no one understands me and just thinks im crazy when i try to tell my head aloud to stop or if i twitch.... Everyone thinks im a freak. i never WANT to leave my house or when given a meal i only pick at it or i stay in the bathroom to long at publics places or friend's houses because i want to be alone with my "voices"... but i suppose im glade to join here to find others like me who can help me and relate. I hope im not the only crazy one out there.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Alex, good to meet you and well done for joining up and introducing yourself :wave:

It sounds like the voices are really busy at the moment and I wonder if you've been able to tell anyone about them? This is something that your doctor could support y you with for example if you felt able to or ready to talk. Or, you might want to confide in an adult that you trust.

This is something that other people do experience and you can find out a bit more here, a charity that support people that hear voices: http://www.voicecollective.co.uk/ They're based in London but they have some good info on their website that you might find helpful.

If you wanted to start a new topic about this over in the Health & Wellbeing forum then you can get more ongoing support from the community there :)

It sounds like you're coping with a lot at the moment so I'm glad you have found this place and look forward to getting to know you more.

Welcome :yes:

Jo
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome! :wave:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the forum :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤