Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sexual Health: Bleeding after sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place for this. and it's a bit tmi

But after having sex the other night i noticed i was bleeding, it mostly stopped but there still seems to be a bit very faintly. It was protected sex. Should I see a doctor ? or is that normal ? it wasn't my first time, it's never happened before.
thanks for reading.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi @musicmad - welcome to the boards :wave:

You've posted in the right place not to worry :)

Bleeding during or after sex could be due to various reasons - there is some information here in one of our articles regarding bleeding during sexual activities.

It might be worth a trip to the GP, nurse or GUM clinic to discuss your concerns - what do you think? :)
    thank for the link. i guess it could be a scratch as it was intercourse and fingers. but i didn't feel scratched if that makes sense?
    I think probably will worry until i get it checked out, so i know i should but i'm just worried about having to be examined... ugh
    thanks
    Update: Went to the clinic today, doctor said it was probably nothing and to come back if it happens again.
    musicmad wrote: »
    Update: Went to the clinic today, doctor said it was probably nothing and to come back if it happens again.

Good news :) Well done for going to get checked out despite feeling a bit nervous about it.
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi musicmad. Sounds like you're ok for now but just wanted to give you some info on something else that can be a cause - basically if things are a bit rough/deep and the girl is anywhere near...well..."time of the month"...it can 'dislodge' some blood, if that makes sense. Apparently it's quite common.

Sorry for tmi but I know this can be a bit scary so wanted to put that explanation forward too for anyone else who might read this :)