Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eating and throwing...[PTW]

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had this problem before and had to get my act together since I fell pregnant but since having my daughter it's slowly creeping back up on me especially now I've got my post baby weight too, I've lost some weight so far and I only had her 7 weeks ago but it's not enough and now I'm struggling to eat and when I do I throw it back up. I won't go to the doctors because I don't want to admit I've got a problem although I keep being told I do.

Comments

• Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi unforgiven. Could you tell us a bit more about what's going on for you? Are certain foods making you sick or are you making yourself sick? If it's the second, I'm sure you realise you may have an eating disorder.

I understand it must be very difficult to go to the doctors about something like this but perhaps take a read of this article: Do I have an eating disorder? and it may set your mind at ease a bit - as you could of course get very ill if this continues. If doctors really aren't something you want to explore yet, perhaps try Beat - they have loads of support for people with eating disorders and you might find opening up on there could help.

o you have anyone you trust that you could really talk to about this?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I make myself sick after every meal, I don't think it is a eating disorder since I'm only doing it to control my weight and when u get to my goal weight I know I'll stop. In struggling with people telling me to eat since I'm not underweight in fact I'm oversight and my baby weight is just getting me down even more and I know if I go to the GP they will just laugh at me. I'm stuck ☹
    I don't mean to be rude, but I think that if you make yourself sick even if you plan to stop after a desired weight it is still harmful. I don't really know a lot about this stuff or have experience, sorry, but I think you should see a GP just in case.

Hey @unforgiven_,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment. As Danielle says, it can still be harmful to do this regardless of the reason. I wonder if you've had a chance to look at the article that Cat posted above?

You mentioned that your weight is getting you down; these things can often impact on our mental health too. It's great that you've been able to open up to us on here, and hopefully talking about it will help you decide how to explore your options. It is understandable that you have some concerns about discussing this with your GP and as Cat mentioned, Beat does have really good support around your situation, including a helpline, message boards and support groups. You may find it helpful to try out one of these first to get some support on approaching your GP - what do you think? :)

It must be difficult to be struggling with this whilst looking after a young baby - how are you coping at the moment? If you do have someone you feel you could talk to about what's going on, or even just to approach for some support with the baby, would that help?

Also, I wanted to let you know that I have added a trigger warning to the title of your thread, as well as editing out specific details on weight loss from your initial post. This is just to help keep other users safe :yes:

Look after yourself and let us know how you're getting on *hug*