Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lack of motivationon for anything in life. Help please.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have lost all motivation to do absolutely anything. I am currently 16 and doing my A-levels and I just feel empty as a person. I have no passion for anything and don't massively enjoy doing anything. I don't feel sad or depressed I just feel nothing towards anything anymore. There are so many things that I used to love, but now I just think yeah that's okay, but I do not love anything and therefore feel like I have nothing to aim for. I feel like I have no future prospects simply because there is nothing I want to do. I never feel like I am ring myself, just always putting on a front because I don't know who I am. It's so hard to explain, but it just seems like wry one has a passion or love for something which makes them an interesting person, me however I don't feel like I exist. I'm just an extra in someone else's life. I just have an I don't care attitude to everything, but I want to care, I really do as it is just starting to feel like everything is pointless. I am pointless. I am not suicidle, but I also don't want to live. I just don't care. I can't get my work done ever because I don't have the motivation, I don't even have the motivation to tidy my room. This is also starting to make me get paranoid and worthless as I never believe that people would want to get to know me or be interested in me because there is nothing to get to know. I am literally what you see is what you get and there is nothing more. I want to start feeling like there is some meaning to me, like I'm an interesting person worth getting to know. I just want to feel something towards anything.

Comments

• Options
    I have lost all motivation to do absolutely anything. I am currently 16 and doing my A-levels and I just feel empty as a person. I have no passion for anything and don't massively enjoy doing anything. I don't feel sad or depressed I just feel nothing towards anything anymore. There are so many things that I used to love, but now I just think yeah that's okay, but I do not love anything and therefore feel like I have nothing to aim for. I feel like I have no future prospects simply because there is nothing I want to do. I never feel like I am ring myself, just always putting on a front because I don't know who I am. It's so hard to explain, but it just seems like wry one has a passion or love for something which makes them an interesting person, me however I don't feel like I exist. I'm just an extra in someone else's life. I just have an I don't care attitude to everything, but I want to care, I really do as it is just starting to feel like everything is pointless. I am pointless. I am not suicidle, but I also don't want to live. I just don't care. I can't get my work done ever because I don't have the motivation, I don't even have the motivation to tidy my room. This is also starting to make me get paranoid and worthless as I never believe that people would want to get to know me or be interested in me because there is nothing to get to know. I am literally what you see is what you get and there is nothing more. I want to start feeling like there is some meaning to me, like I'm an interesting person worth getting to know. I just want to feel something towards anything.

Hello :)

You should explore lots of hobbies, even if they don't interest you just do them, because you may like them.

There are literally thousands of hobbies you can try. You'll also meet new people if you end up finding a club or something and you'll actually have something to talk about to other people. In terms of a career, this is often hard for people and I am like you in a way, I don't really know what I want to study at university yet, I'll probably pick politics or economics though as I have a real interest in these topics. Although you don't have an interest at the moment, you might find one if you try more things.

Good luck :wave:
  • Options
    Hi,
    I think I sort of relate to how you're feeling. I used to love reading books or playing certain video games, but now I don't enjoy them anymore. I don't know what to do with my life because I don't enjoy anything even though I'm at the age where I should be thinking about my future. I usually feel empty as well but at times I feel very happy for no reason and hate myself later for looking so stupid. I can't finish a TV series because I lose interest and only do homework because my grades are the only things that stop me from being completely generic (and my parents would get super mad at me if I got below an A on anything). Something I really enjoyed for the last couple weeks but have gotten over was watching people react to political/stupid/serious news on YouTube. I guess it's ironic that I was watching people with different opinions and personalities when I don't really have any. This sounds really dumb I'm sorry I don't know what else to say but I really wanted to try to help.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I agree with MasterChief about trying out new hobbies - at first it can be really daunting and you aren't sure that you will enjoy it, but you may find something you enjoy doing and it helps to bring back enjoyment of something in your life.

You are an interesting person, and you are worth knowing also - I think we all go through that feeling of trying to get our identity sorted out :)