Home Home, Law & Money

Need help please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey people

I curantly moved out my mums into my new one bedroom flat I am only getting the one income in as I live alone .

I nearly died with blood posion threw a kindney infection.

So I have just been put in the support group in ESA .

I applied for housing benefit witch is fine but my top up alone is high plus council tax and then money to pay bills and live on.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you are 26 and your on ESA support group and are renting a one bedroom flat that's £350 every four weeks should my top up still be high ?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post any feedback would be amazing thanks d


  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You need to have a benefit check done if you haven't done so already.

    If you're playing council tax, you can ask for it to be paid over 12 months instead of 10.
  • Cat88Cat88 Moderator Posts: 377 Boards Initiate
    Hi Lozzy. As Melian says I recommend you look into your benefit entitlement. I can't give specific advice on this, you'd need to speak to the council direct, but this article on Housing Benefit may be of some help.

    As the article suggests, the CAB or Shelter would be good places to go for advice as well.
Sign In or Register to comment.