Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I've never posted in here before so idk if this is right but i needed some space.

anyone else counting down the days till chat is back?
i feel like i'm crawling into some kind of cave trapped in my own skin.
i'm so angry and sad and confused and lonely and my anger is seething to the point of becoming physical as opposed to internal.

anywaaaaaaay, how is everyone?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can always reach out here when chat isn't on *hug* Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad.
    Would you like to talk about what's been going on?
    *hug*thank you, i've recently had quite a serious relapse of depression/self harm and i'm not sure how i'm going to start getting back into recovery. everything is such a mess and i feel like i have no one to talk to and no one who cares. it's so hard, i feel like i'm trapped in this mess and there's no way out. :crying:
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    We care about you :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    As Banana Monkey says, we do all care about you and are here for you. I'm sorry to see you've been feeling that way but you've done well in posting about it here.

I understand what relapses are like but the important thing to remember is that a relapse proves to you that you can do this and can recover fully. We have to have the relapses to make us stronger.

Hannah
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello there Ellainwonderland,

Don't think I've seen you around before, but welcome to TheSite.org message boards :wave: - Would you be able to tell us a bit more about what's going on for you? Recovery is an insanely difficult step, and often because of how difficult it is, it can seem bleak and unachievable. But that doesn't mean recovery isn't possible, the first step is reaching out to others, which you've done, and honestly, massive prompts on being able to do that, we can't do much, apart from listen and reach out to you, it's really you who has got to take the steps to make recovery achievable.

But you don't have to go through it alone, have you apporach your GP before about issues related to depression and self harm? Your GP shoud be able to refer you onto a counsellor who can help you through this and teach you skills to manage your emotions. Prior to relapsing, did you notice a trigger? Did something specific happen?

This isn't a mess, you're just going through a realy difficult time at the moment and you can get through it. Have you ever tried contacting Samaritans before? There a confidential helpline, supporting those with are battling distressing thoughts. Do keep reaching and just to echo what the above users have said, were here for you!

Best wishes ,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
    hi guys ..
    thank you for your kind messages.
    ​i'm just in a rut at the moment, you know how it is when everything gets on top of you & your life feels like it's falling apart? i think i'm going to book a doctors appointment tomorrow, try and see what my options are. i'm so scared, the stigma attached to mental health is terrifying.
    i'm trying to get a face to face appointment with samaritans but i'm too scared to call and my local branch requires you calling them.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello there, Ellainwonderland,

Okay, first things first, let's tackle Stigma together. We need to be the ones that break the stigma, we need to get our voices heard, because you know what Ellain, we deserve to be heard!! - We need to show people that struggles with mental health are real and it's not just a game we're playing. But DON'T ever let the stigma on mental health stop you from getting support, because you do deserve it.

I'm glad to hear that you are considering a doctors appointment, that is a really positive first step to take, do let us know how the phone call goes :heart: - What worries you most about the stigma around mental health? It might help to just let that out a bit, and get to the core of the worries, because this isn't something you have to go through alone, you'll always have someone to reach out to here, and they might not be instant responses, but like I can assure you someone will always respond.

It's also great to see you are taking the steps to getting yourself support, is there no change off you going into the branch and making an appointment? - I used to get a lot of phone anxiety myself and like it is tough shit to get over it, do you think having a friend there will help with the call? Or even getting them to make the call for you?

Were here for you Ellainwonderland, and do keep us updated on how things are going for you,

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart