Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What to do ???????? Best Friend and Addiction Living with me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I let my best friend move in with me after our best friend died of cancer.. Its been 6 months , the problem is she was suppose to be off pills ..Well i found a little bag that had spoons and needles in it.. I am ready to explode !! Then her and daughter work out of town but are always broke when they come home..I have enough stress on me just keeping me and my daughter up.If it was any-one else I would have already thru her ass out..Now I find out she also has her daughter shooting up ..What am I to do?? I am bout to LOOSE IT!!

Comments

• Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Sorry to hear that your in a difficult situation *hug*

It was very kind of you to let your friend stay and you can only do so much. Sometimes we need to consider what's best for yourself. However there can be other ways about this situation.....

Firstly have you spoke to your friend about her habit? Perhaps you could word it in a way that you care, ask her if she is getting help from a professional.

Also for your best interests perhaps for now it would be a good idea to set boundaries with your friend. It is your house after all, perhaps you could ask her not to consume drugs within your home and negotiate with her into helping out with the house financially.

However at the end of the day it's what you want. Just wanted to clarify, what is it you would like (eg. Your friend to move out or for her to start paying bills and stop consuming drugs)

Best Wishes!
  • Options
    Apandav, First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond..She knew when she moved in , I would not put up with her doing drugs but she acts like she wasn't but I found out she was ..I am going to ask her to move out when she gets her taxes , I have enough on me and I am a recovering addict myself and I don't need this junk..If I didn't care about her I would just throw her out bringing that junk in my house..She sure don't respect me though and my wishes so I really don't know more I think about it the madder I get..I haven't sit her down to talk to her yet cause I am so mad...AGAIN THANK YOU FOR LISTENING..
  • Options
    Hi Penny,

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling with your friend and her daughter at home recently - I've moved your post over to our Relationships section :)

Apandav has some good advice there, and it is worth considering talking to your friend about it for the safety of everyone in the house. Figuring out what you want to say first might help, rather than jumping right into it. You might consider raising the subject when you are both calm and have time - simply expressing your concern about what you have seen and finding out the facts first :yes:

It's clear that you care about her but the stress of the situation has left you with feelings of anger, which is understandable. Hopefully you can work through some options together and if you need any specific advice or support on your situation, Talk to Frank may be able to help with your concerns about your friend.

Let us know how you get on *hug*