Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Long Distance Relationships?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How can we make Long Distance Relationships work?

I miss my girlfriend so much and often think about her, imagine being with her and have intimate dreams about us together but would love for us to be with eachother in person all the time.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Communication is key, talk to her about everything; your worries, your fears and concerns about the relationship.
    Ensure that you see each other when you can, if not skype each other frequently or talk on the phone as often as you can
    Hey Hiccup, thanks for the advice, I appreciate that x I am not allowed Skype and don't really have a lot of privacy, independence or freedom at all really :s
    Look, this is gonna be a very unpopular post, but I say it anyway. Correct me if I am wrong, but if this is not a new person you are talking about then I think this is the one girl you have never met before? I think I also remember you as being very young and I do get it, every "relationship" seems so incredibly meaningful at that time. I also tried making the impossible work back in my days. When I was 20 (or 21?) I flew to London to meet a 27 year old woman. We fucked, I thought we could do the long distance thing, she said "nah, no sense in that." I was heartbroken and now where I am 29 myself I agree with her and find the idea ridiculous. I should not have held on.

And if the circumstances about your relationship are really that it's one of those make believe things, where you have never met, only have had text conversations and there is no end to the distance in sight and no way to travel and see each other since you probably won't be able to do that if you are not allowed to have Skype then the only sensible advice I can give you from someone who also tried this meet online, try to force a relationship out of it bullshit: It's a waste of time.

Please move on and don't let this online relationship consume you.

Sorry, not sorry for being patronizing.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Look, this is gonna be a very unpopular post, but I say it anyway. Correct me if I am wrong, but if this is not a new person you are talking about then I think this is the one girl you have never met before? I think I also remember you as being very young and I do get it, every "relationship" seems so incredibly meaningful at that time. I also tried making the impossible work back in my days. When I was 20 (or 21?) I flew to London to meet a 27 year old woman. We fucked, I thought we could do the long distance thing, she said "nah, no sense in that." I was heartbroken and now where I am 29 myself I agree with her and find the idea ridiculous. I should not have held on.

And if the circumstances about your relationship are really that it's one of those make believe things, where you have never met, only have had text conversations and there is no end to the distance in sight and no way to travel and see each other since you probably won't be able to do that if you are not allowed to have Skype then the only sensible advice I can give you from someone who also tried this meet online, try to force a relationship out of it bullshit: It's a waste of time.

Please move on and don't let this online relationship consume you.

Sorry, not sorry for being patronizing.

It is not an online relationship.

We have met eachother before in person.

I can't and won't move on as our love for each other is very strong.

I'm pleased you apologised, thank you.