Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Contraception Hell.

Hi Guys..

So as some of you may know I was on the implant. Well today I went to my local GUM clinic and well lets say that was an adventure. I got there at 7:30. It didn't open until 8:30 but I knew that but just wanted to get there early and get in and out as soon as I could. However luck was not on my side today and when I arrived there were at least 10 other people there. *fast forward* I eventually got to see someone and I was heavily complaining about my implant. About the horrendous bleeding and the constant pains in my stomach and my back. Like someone was stabbing me with a knife. I explained this to them and they seemed so confused. They eventually agreed to take it out even though I've only had it in for four weeks. When she tried to take it out turns out I was not given enough anaesthetic so as you can imagine I felt a lot of pain.... I'm now currently sat at uni feeling very unwell.

So I ended up walking out of there with the POP pill.. However now idk if I'm even going to bother taking it and if I should just let my body go back to normal. I'm seeing my boyfriend in a few weeks time and we'll probably going to have sex. (for the first time might I add). Do you guys think it's safe enough for me to just not bother with them and just use condoms?

I'm just so done with contraception now. It's been absolute HELL.

- ShatteredSecrets

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Gosh, I'm sorry you've had such a hassle with the contraception! That sounds awful but it certainly doesn't sound normal so I'm glad they took it out *hug*

I think condoms are safe enough but if you're extra worried or if it doesn't go to plan, you can always get the morning after pill - I think you have 72 hours to get that but of course it's always safest to get it as early as possible after you've had sex.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It might be worth speaking to your GP? There is also the injection and probably a few other things you can take.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I would speak to either your GP or someone at the GUM clinic about what kind of contraception works best for you. I know my friend went to her local sexual health centre and they took a long while to go through everything available and what would suit her best.

You might also want to check out Brook (https://www.brook.org.uk/your-life/category/contraception) - they have info about all forms of contraception on their site, but also walk in centres you can go to.
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi ShatteredSecrets. Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time of this. There really are so many contraceptive options available now, I do think seeing your GP would help a lot.

Condoms of course are a decent method, but not fool proof, so do just bare that in mind and as butterfly says there are emergency options if things go wrong. The Brook link plugitin posted is also a great shout.