Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Newbie - struggling with morphine dependency

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well here goes.......
My name is Adele & for ages now I've been plucking up the courage to join. Never used a message board before but seeing that I've found myself in a sticky spot I am desperate to hear from other users who have experienced the same things as I.
I'm not sure how in depth I can go on my intro but basically I've had lots of major surgeries & found myself dependent on medication to which my doctore is aware of. I'm on a reduction program but struggling badly.
I don't work due to my illness to which has greatly upset me. But hey!! This is life & sure things are set to try us.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone who is dependent on morphine, experiences with doctors & how u r labelled a drug seeker even though u follow the rules/plan set out by the pain clinic. Very close to putting myself into rehab. Basically I don't know what to do & how to do it.
I'm married to a wonderful man who has supported through my surgeries which are 4 ops in 3 years. Plus my surgeries wen I was in my 20s.
I suffer from crohns & have had all my bowel removed. Suffer from blockages & scar tissue.
Well there you have it. A few words on where I'm at. Hopefully I've written everything within the rules & if I haven't then I apologise. Remember it's my 1st time using message boards

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi janet, welcome to TheSite :wave:

If you've never used message boards before then it can take a lot of courage to write that first post so well done. I really appreciate your openness and honesty about what's been going on for you and that you have been careful in the way that you posted. I've moved your thread over into our Health & wellbing forum and also updated the title a little so that people have a sense of what the topic is about before reading.

It's also worth knowing that the community here at TheSite is aimed at 16-25s and the focus is on young people supporting one another through shared experiences. I'm one of the mods here and we help to look after everything. You may find some support from the community here but you may prefer to talk to an older group as well. The mental health charity Mind have an online support forum you might like to look at: https://www.elefriends.org.uk/

It's great to hear you have the support of your wonderful husband. I wonder if there is a medical professional that you do have contact with that you trust that you could ask about going in to rehab? You mention your doctors are aware of your dependency and that you're on a reduction programme which sounds positive although it also sounds like you could do with some additional support. The labels and assumptions you get from them must be really hard going.

Would you consider any kind of talking therapy to help you cope? That could be another option to look into or ask your doctors about. Given everything you have been through it could be really helpful in giving you an outlet to process things.

Our local advice finder may help you to find local support in your area too: http://www.thesite.org/apps-and-tools/find-local-services

Supportline also offer emotional support via the telephone, email or post and can signpost you to counsellors and support groups as well: http://www.supportline.org.uk/index.php

Wishing you all the best *hug*