Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I think my sister needs help!?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My sister and her bf are constantly arguing, today she was looking through social media and purposely looking for pictures of him when her bf went out his friends bday party. She then ran upstairs and confronted him, she got right in his face and he pushed her back so he could get out of the room. She then started an argument with my mum and keep slamming doors shut and throwing her phone across the room. All of this happened in front of her 2 year old child. She keeps shouting and screaming whilst she is in the room.

Does she have a mental health issue? I don't know what to do!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there,

It sounds like you've been amidst a lot of anger and tension at home recently. It’s normal to feel worried and unsure about what to do.

Arguments in relationships are common but it can be intense, especially when they blow out of proportion and anger is taken out on others.

There could be many reasons why your sister has been acting out, and it’s natural for you to be concerned about her. I wonder if you have tried talking to her, or any other family members about it? If it’s an ongoing issue she may need support. It might help to raise the subject when you are both relaxed and have time :yes:

Let us know how you get on :)