Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Special Self-harm workshop (Wednesday 28th Oct, 7pm)

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
What do you feel when you read the words 'self-harm'?

Probably a few things right?

It’s a complicated issue, made worse by the fact that there are lots of myths and misunderstandings about self-harm. Because of this, talking about self-harm can feel really hard.

The good news is that our friends over at Off The Record are running a special workshop all about self-harm. Whether you are self-harming and want to stop, you’re worried about a friend or just want the chance to understand a bit more, then this session is for you.
Here are the details:

What will the workshop cover?

This workshop will be a chance to find out the facts around self-harm and talk about ways to support yourself and others. It will cover these questions:
  • What is self-harm and what forms can it take?
  • What are the myths and misunderstandings about self harm?
  • How can you support a friend who self-harms?
  • How can you support yourself?
  • How can we support each other?

When and where is it happening?

Time: Wednesday the 28th of October, 7 - 8:30pm
Place: Over at Off The Record, details below...

How do I sign up?
  1. Head over to http://skycasts.offtherecordcroydon.org/
  2. Click on Register in the top right hand corner.
  3. The first question will ask you if you live or study in Croydon - select YES here even if you don't. This is because their sessions are usually only available to people in Croydon but for this one they're letting us join in too so we've agreed that bit with them!
  4. IMPORTANT - Choosing your display name: Please add _TS to the end of your display name - that way on the night we will be able to know who is from TheSite and who is from Off The Record. E.g my display name would be: James_TS
  5. Complete the sign up form and then login and register for the 'Talking Self Harm' skycast - you'll see it advertised on their 'What's On' page.
Any issues with sign up just ask here in the thread or PM me and I can help you.
Once you're registered you'll get an email reminder and a link to follow on the night.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I hear the world self harm I think of my life. I'm addicted
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Emily,

Sounds like you're finding it hard to cope with things at the moment so you might find this chat helpful. You're more than welcome to go on Wednesday - just follow the instructions above :)