Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Getting a voluntary role in an organisation you were unsuccessful in

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have any advice on what to do if you were unsuccessful in getting a voluntary role in a specific organisation but you really want a voluntary role in that organisation?

Comments

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi Ybe,

It's brilliant that you want to volunteer! :)

I'm just wondering have you asked for feedback re why you were unsuccessful? Are there any similar organisations you'd be interested in volunteering for or is your heart set on this one organisation.

There are lots of organisations looking for volunteering out there, I'm sure they'd be lucky to have you!

Perhaps you could re-apply for that voluntary position? How do you feel about that?

I wish you the best of luck, volunteering is a great selfless thing :) so well done for taking the first step!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Feedback is definitely worth asking for and speaking to the organisation about what might help you to be successful in the future.

Loads of luck with it and as apandav says, it could be worth looking at other orgs in the meantime to bump up your volunteering profile and experience?

:chin:
    I was thinking of emailing them and asking if I could fill another role.
    Five years ago I did voluntary work for Centrepoint in London. http://centrepoint.org.uk/ I found the work very rewarding. I will do it again next time I am in London for any length of time. I was with Centrepoint for two years.

Before becoming accepted you have to be very thoroughly vetted including a criminal search. This is normal.
    But I know that I wasn't selected though.