Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

AccessDenied's Rant House

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
While it is a sad fact of life none of us are born equal, I reserve the right to feel mighty proud of having sacrificed 9 long slogging years to achieve the coveted PhD in Mechanical Engineering, and my having worked all god's hours to licence out the manufacting of a travelator I designed and patented to net me a great amount, I get raped by Her Majesty's Inspector of Vipers 60% of my disposable income and then get to read on some other shite forum that all Greeks never pay their taxes. I do, so kindly Fuck Off. :grump:

Comments

• louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Im sorry about the tax issue but id like to say well done on your travelator design and PHD!!! amazing achievement xx
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I think it's unfair they take 60% off you, that is a lot! It's unfortunate that's the way that works, but you are a hard working, determined lady, which has shown in your fantastic acheivements!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you both Louisa and Apandav :)

Unfortunately the taxation was levied on the amount of income, and 60% is erm, a lot of income and my account double-checked to ensure it was correct. My next tax will be levied in 6 months time and should be lowered because I haven't been netting much income since my injuries.I will still be earning well in excess of £75K, but don't mind because we have to pay Caesar his due.

Feel welcome to rant away in da house.
    You would think our neighbour would shut his bloody screeching cockerel up at this time of the night. One day he's going to find it knocked off it perch and put in the pot, Coq au Vin. My pot.
    'Working...'

For chrissake POST willya? Every bluddy day I'm havin ta wait as the forum goes the pace of a snail.
    This isn't so much of a rant, but more of a time to soberly reflect how down the years I'd spent on forums trying to help people, I left the internet because of being so emotionally damaged from a broken marriage, my adopted son George killing himself and my losing my baby that nearly cost me my life. Looking back, I am glad for leaving the internet because at the time, could not have been of any earthly help to anyone whatsoever. Instead, I burrowed deep down into my own forum that is set to private, and found solace because nobody could get at me there. I have friends and family I implicitly trust, and taking delight in finding myself able to reach out to them. My family have lovingly given me shelter again since I was badly injured from an ex, and now I am beginning to get back on my feet.

But tonight I lost a friend and feel useless again, for all the emotional damage done to me by my husband and my son who wrote me such a vicious letter before driving off a two hundred foot cliff, I have been left with a pounding headache and an empty feeling of being bereft; in a way the loss of my friend feels like a bereavement.; and the tears have just not stopped flowing.

I got close to someone and find, albeit too late, that they are only out for themselves giving no heed that I was left fretting and worrying myself sick for them and then they flounce off in a cloud of upset, as if it's all my fault. I am expecting a letter where they are going to lash out again, like the last time. Yes, I can just see that happening, shouldn't be long now.

Somebody suggested I visit the chat room, but I can't do that because of being unable to cope talking to so many. It's strange, but I can walk into a room full of people though feeling shy, but the very thought of entering an online chat room fills me with dread.

Thank you to the one who suggested it, but I'm sorry I can't.

Thank you for understanding. :)
    No idea where the 60% comes.

Not being rude, but you should be grateful that you can work and that you can earn that amount of money.

[Not being rude, but you should be grateful that you can work and that you can earn that amount of money.[/QUOTE]

The 60% is my income tax level. Normal income tax is around 25%. Means I pay a shitloada more tax than you!

Not being uncivil, but I slogged NINE years to get the coveted PhD degree, and that opened the door to a career where I have worked up to 90 hours a week on a travelator project that yielded me a lot of money.

I don't give much of a fuck to people who despise me for being wealthy. I worked very hard to get where I am. This is why in real life I prefer living among people who really matter, those who are civil and don't get jealous just cuz I earn more than them. Who do not criticise me for it, neither judge me just because my truck, an aged battered and scratched Land Rover Defender Khan Custom is in front of them on the road and they can't get past because of its sheer size. I just wave them on with a V sign.

And I am grateful. Thank you very much. If you got a problem with my attitude put me on Ignore. IDGAF.

/rantover

It's half past stupid O'clock and Missy wakes from a nightmare, pads in and says she's hungry.

It's nothing to do with nightmares. It's more to do with midnight feasting on McVitie's chocolate digestives and a muggin's worth of hot choc. :rolleyes::p:yes: I love her really. :)

9th attempt at posting! rolleyes.gif

My plans: I'm going heli skiing with Missy and my darlings at Dufourspitze, Zermatt. I'll be gone a few days.

('Empty response') Click OK.
    Its not fucking OK. banghead.gif