Home Work & Volunteering
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

Volunteering and the third sector

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Obviously the third sector is big in the UK and a significant proportion of the UK either work or volunteer for it, but I'm interested to hear why other people work/volunteer in the third sector. What aspects of the third sector attract you the most? I've always done it because of the satisfaction you get from helping others and communities.

Comments

• Cat88Cat88 Moderator Posts: 377 Boards Initiate
    Hi Ybe - my experience is basically the same, I've been volunteering in some way since I was about 7 years old and have just always wanted to give something back, as I'm aware how lucky I am. In particular, I focus on supporting young people with education and training and I'm passionate about the fact no-one should have fewer opportunities just due to money or background.