Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Read labels before buying?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used to not care at all but lately have been more health conscious and read the label before I buy or eat anything. It felt weird at first but now is natural and I don't care if others stare at me because normally it's stereotyped that only older/sick people do that.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jammin wrote: »
    I used to not care at all but lately have been more health conscious and read the label before I buy or eat anything. It felt weird at first but now is natural and I don't care if others stare at me because normally it's stereotyped that only older/sick people do that.

That's commendable! I do, too because being diabetic I need to check the amount of sugar present in food and snacks.It galls me though that these fruit flavoured yogurts are low in fat content, but high in sugar. Fat content displayed on food labels show 'polyunsaurated fat and its percentage. But though like monounsaturated fat it's supposed to be safer than saturated - it's still fat! And too much of any will still add up in our bodies unless we burn it off in exercise.

So what if people stare at you. They stare at me, but I ignore them. Mostly I find older people doing the same since many are just as health conscious as us so go on as you intend.