Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to deal with conflicts?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ahh! I just had another silly conflict with my partner! So annoying! But then again, all couples argue, and it's completely normal.

I have realised that having arguments isn't always a bad thing. The point of arguments actually is to learn and hopefully improve the relationship, even if the whole process isn't fun. I hope there are people out there who agrees with me :)

Anyhow, I was wondering - how are you dealing with conflicts? Who do you go to when you need relationship support?

Personally, I try and speak to my partner first. If this doesn't help, then I turn to my close friends and family - people I can rely on and those who have the experience. What kind of support has been good for you?

It would be also interesting to know what kind of support people would like to have.

Can't wait to hear your opinions!

Comments

• Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Despite me feeling a bit old to do so - I still often ask my Mum's advice if I'm having a relationship struggle! I think often, the most helpful thing for me is just a bit of help to realise that I probably know what I should be doing anyway, but I'm struggling to think clearly if I'm caught up in things.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think like Danny says - not particularly a parent, but going to someone who knows you so well and will let you cry, but also someone who isn't afraid to be honest with you and give you a reality check when needed - i think that can really help put things in perspective yet still feel supported :yes:

PS i agree about how arguments can improve a relationship and you learn about the other person because of it!