Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hallo!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone! :wave:

I'm Nix and I like to chat a lot.

I'm currently working in care, taking care of mentally ill elderly as an apprentice, which I am half way finished with already.
I'm a former art student and I still make art at home with the undying dream to make money from it. It may never happen. But that's okay. :yes: I still enjoy it.
I am diagnosed with GAD and have had it for most of my life. I get hiccups with it every now and then but for the most part, I'm pretty good at controlling it (thanks to a year of CBT) and I like to help others with mental health issues.
I am a bit of a crazy cat lady aswell.

All in all, I'm pretty rubbish at introductions.

Look forward to seeing you guys around here!

Comments

• Options
    Welcome, Nix! :) Great to have you.
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hey Nix :) welcome to the boards!
  • Options
    You're not at all rubbish at introductions - was a really interesting read! Welcome to TheSite boards Nix - it's really great to have you here :d
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Nix,

Welcome to TheSite boards!
    Good to see you've already got to posting :)

If you ever need more info about this place, just head over to the Start Here section and if you have any questions, just post in the Help Desk.

By the way, I'm James, one of the moderators around here.

See you around!
  • Options
    Thank you guys! :heart:
    At least I seem to have kept it interesting.. haha.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Nix wrote: »
    Hey everyone! :wave:

I'm Nix and I like to chat a lot.

I'm currently working in care, taking care of mentally ill elderly as an apprentice, which I am half way finished with already.
    I'm a former art student and I still make art at home with the undying dream to make money from it. It may never happen. But that's okay. :yes: I still enjoy it.
    I am diagnosed with GAD and have had it for most of my life. I get hiccups with it every now and then but for the most part, I'm pretty good at controlling it (thanks to a year of CBT) and I like to help others with mental health issues.
    I am a bit of a crazy cat lady aswell.

All in all, I'm pretty rubbish at introductions.

Look forward to seeing you guys around here!

Hello Nix,

Will find lodes of people on here who love to chat, haha, hence why we even have an online chat, which has set times, times and all that m'larky can be found here -http://www.thesite.org/chat/live-chat - It can often take time to get used to, but once you do, you can't seem to drag yourself away from it!! - You could start by selling your drawings on EBay - A friend of mine sold a fair bit of her ALevel art work on EBay, and has made a fair amount from them. You never know, always a good start point.

The field you're in sounds absolutely amazing, I would love to go into a similar field working alongside mental health sufferers, how is that going? - Can only imagine how rewarding it must be for you. And the challenges you face, etc. You learn an awful lot actually working in the field of mental health than learning about. I'm a Psychology student, and you never do get a real image of mental health when you're learning about it, than you would being in that field. But second year is placement year, oh the joys! Not so much clubbing then ;)

Like people have said, fab intro, I love you already!! xxxD - It's great to see you already getting involved!! :heart:
  • Options
    No way! A level art was sold! It warms my very heart to hear that. That is so awesome and great food for thought, thank you for that. :heart:

Challenging, heck yes. Rewarding, even more so yes. You are exactly right. It's like they say, there are some things that studying will never prepare you for. While I was training for my job, nothing truly sunk into my brain until I was actually doing the job. You learn so much and learn faster when you're in the environment. I adore psychology and still think about going more in depth with mental health in my career sometimes. I may be bit too much of a 'med geek' though, I'm qualified to administer medication and I adore that side of work too. Becoming a psych nurse screams at me sometimes. :sour: At work, some shifts go pretty smoothly and some shifts it gets so crazy that I don't even have five minutes to eat lunch and end up taking my lunch home with me when the shift is done. I still wouldn't change it for the world. :p I can't wait for you to explore your placement!

Hahah thank you very much :heart:!!