Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling Faint Spells - Very Worried

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
I'm now very worried, this is happened for a second time this week. I don't know if its just me exaggerating or not.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif] Twice this week I've had a sudden feeling that I'm going to faint. My vision went blurry at the bottom (like I was partially blind as I couldn't see anything below a certain point). I felt faint as well. My heart was racing and I felt out of breath (but I wasn't exerting myself at all). It only happened for less than a minute and I was fine afterwards. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I think it might be anxiety, as I think I was worrying a lot last time it happened (worrying before I felt faint). I just passed over it yesterday, thinking its a one off but it happened just there today. The phone rang, I felt anxious as I thought it would be my dad. I stood up from my bed, picked up the phone and whilst I was talking I felt out of breath. Thats when I felt faint and my vision started to go weird. I thought I was going to faint, so I quickly sat down. I was fine afterwards and I caught my breath again. I don't know if it was me subconsciously altering my breathing due to anxiety Or something else.

Now I'm worrying that there is something wrong with me. I keep telling myself its just anxiety but what if its not? I know you will think I'm exaggerating but I'm so worried that's why I posted it here.

Coincidentally, I'm seeing a GP for a medication review tomorrow. I'm considering just mentioning it. I don't want them to think I'm exaggerating though! It's probably nothing but "probably" isn't good enough for me!
[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Definitely worth mentioning to the GP tomorrow. From personal experience I know if I stand up too quickly sometimes, especially in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning I get a sort of head rush with some similar symptoms to what you describe. I did faint once and the doc said it was due to that sudden change from lyng down and blood pressure very low to a sudden rise - not sure if that's medically explained totally accurately but it's explained on the NHS site here as well as some other causes fo fainting: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fainting/Pages/Causes.aspx

It's impossible to diagnose online but as you mention, your anxiety is also an issue for you and the two may be connected so the best thing to do is to let your doctor know about it so that they can put your mind at ease and work out what it might be.

Good luck!
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Thanks for replying Jo!

I will say to the doctor tomorrow. Even if it's nothing I guess it will put my mind at ease!