Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

meeting online

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met a girl online,

We Skype and text a lot so we know each other really well and we are meeting soon.

I'm excited.

What do people think about relationships starting this way :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welcome :)

Aww that's really good UR exited. Have u got a day and time :).

Its like when u meet someone outside. I felt the same when I meet my parnter exited and nervouis :) I done it once thew a game but never meet him. Have u thought what u might do when u meet up like going the cinma bowling ect .
    www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/friendship/make-friends-online-3323.html
    Hi localboy!

Oh wow, that's so exciting! I guess there's nothing wrong with relationships starting that way and for some people it's much easier to get to know each other through the internet as they might not feel such pressure online. I think once you start to know each other very well and meet in person, you'll experience the same ups and downs as people who didn't met online :)

What are your plans for your first date?

(The article that angel recommended is a very good one with useful tips. :cool: )
    hi localboy! thats great you are so excited :) where are you going?

I think it's becoming more and more normal to meet online these days! I think it's a great way to meet people, I'm sat in my living room with my housemate and his girlfriend who he met online right now :) just as long as you are safe and feel comfortable with each other its all good.

Have a great time! and let us know how it goes!
    Hey localboy

Its really great you've met someone that you've built a great connection with. :love:
    I don't think its a big deal where you met the person, as long as you're safe, you get along and enjoy eachother, there is no problem!

Just be yourself and enjoy the company :razz:

Heres some ideas on what to do when you meet up :naughty:
    Hello Localboy! :)

It sounds exciting to have met someone online you can really click with - meeting in real life is the next big step! I think meeting people over the internet can be really useful if you don't have a lot of free time in your life or don't know anyone locally who you would be interested in. Many people even end up marrying someone they met through forums or online dating!

As long as you practice meeting safely for the first time it should be great! Good ideas are to meet somewhere public and make sure someone knows where you're going for the day.

Hopefully you guys have a great time! Maybe you can let us all know how it went :)
    localboy wrote: »
    I met a girl online,

We Skype and text a lot so we know each other really well and we are meeting soon.

I'm excited.

What do people think about relationships starting this way :)

That's great, but take care when meeting someone online. You never know what they're like in real life. I'm rather surprised no one has said anything like this before!!!!
  • ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    Hi there!

I personally see no reason or objections to these kind of relationships..

I suppose I'm especially biased bc I met a guy from the USA online and we've been together for 3 years as of next month :) Internet relationships can make it a lot easier to have a stronger emotional and intellectual connection.

However, I must stress for the first time meeting at least meet at a mutually convenient location and also make it public. As I say this is normally for the first meeting or so just to test the waters and ensure this person is who they say they are :) I only say this from experience of meeting somebody in real life and it all going terribly wrong and I wouldn't want anybody to go through that experience. I would also recommend telling somebody where you're going and for how long, or even taking somebody with you :)

I have only met my boyfriend a few times but we've wracked up a total of 6 weeks together physically but only due to the distance being so great. However I'm sure it will be a lot different if you both are from the same country :)

I wish you all the luck! Let us know how it goes! :)

- ShatteredSecrets

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Hi localboy,

I'm glad that you have found someone who makes you happy and has accepted you.

It sounds like both of you wants the same thing which is good if you want to move things forward etc.

There's nothing wrong meeting someone online and these things can happen when we at least expect it as we never planned for it to happen in the first place.

You may want to have a look at this website all about staying safe online...

www.kidsmart.org.uk

Please let us know how it goes x