Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Squatting - Pointers requested

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Currently homeless, working and a student. I know the law prevents squatting in residential buildings but not commercial. Past spending hours walking around my city looking for somewhere, does anyone know of any other ways to locate empty buildings via the internet? I keep coming up against council websites which are obviously less than informative for my needs. Also any other tips and tricks that anyone might know of are appreciated. :) Cheers!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Property guardians are worth a shot, much better than squatting but not a long term solution. It's worth calling your council as they may be able to get you into a hostel or onto the housing list.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unfortunately it's not worth it to go to the council at the moment as I'm between counties and will be moving on soon. Too many people and things to see all over the place for it to be worth tying myself in to tenancy agreements/contracts, that stuff. This property guardian thingo looks promising though not for where I am, I'll definitely be checking it when I'm moving around. Thanks :)