Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help with morning after pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I the 26th I had unprotected sex while due to start my period, about eight hours later I went and get the morning after pill but was really hungover and was sick both an hour before and an hour after taking it. because of this I had to take another which I did but not while the 28th about two and a half days later decreasing the chances of it working. It's been a week and I've still not had my period or any bleeding, what do I do🙈😔

Comments

• Options
    Best bet is to bite the bullet and take a pregnancy test just in case the morning after pill didn't work. If the test comes up negative but you still don't get your period within three days then take another one. Two tests should be enough to determine whether or not you are pregnant and as always- do not have any further unprotected sex as it will mean you will simply need to take another test later.
  • Options
    Hey itrytobegraceful,

It sounds like you've done all the right things so far. You might have already done a bit of research but here's a useful link to an article on The Site giving you some information about the morning after pill which might answer some of your questions. Also, here's a page on the NHS website about emergency contraception.

The information says to go and see your GP asap (which might not be open on a bank holiday) or a sexual health clinic (find your local one here). They can help with giving you the right services you need (e.g. pregnancy test). If you aren't able to get to either today and it is playing on your mind then, as Nietzsche says, you could choose to do a home pregnancy test, but it's important you have the right support you need just in case the outcome isn't what you want it to be. If you find the test is negative, you may wish to pop along to the doctors anyway to get some advice about your period. Don't expect the worse but the sooner you seek support, the more in control you'll feel :)
  • Options
    Hello there,

It's good that you tried to take action straight away. As you haven't had your period yet and you're worried, it would be best to got to your GP or a sexual health clinic (as Redrose suggested) for a pregnancy test. Although you could do a home test, going to your GP or a clinic could be better as you'll be able to get further support if you need it and you'll also be tested for STDs, which is very important to do after unprotected sex.

Best to try to get an appointment this week or as soon as possible so you can put your mind at ease.

Take care