Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I don't want to play this game

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I ve been texting with a girl from college. We both graduated a few years ago and we have gone our separate ways. Every once in a while something will spark up a conversation and it will go well for a week or two. This last time I sent a snapchat out and she was a recipient. She responded back with a chat. This led to pretty lengthy text and snap conversations. Earlier this weekend she started to answer with less words and after a longer time. Yesterday she sent me something about a party she was hosting and I responded back in about 30 minutes. She has not responded and I have sent out a few more group snaps which she has not responded to either. What is going on and what should I do? I feel like I am getting mixed signals.

Comments

• Options
    Look at the yellow bar over your post. It announced the post of the month winner with the following quote "Love is like a fart, if you have to force it, it's probably shit."

If she was interested in you, she would be more proactive. Starting conversation, not fade for weeks, not be flaky with invitations. If all the work is on you and she cannot give you some enthusiasm, then it's not gonna lead anywhere. Stop contacting her. If she never contacts you again, you have your answer, if she contacts again and asks why she never hears from you tell her it felt one-sided and you decided to dip.
  • Options
    Hi there, it sounds like u and that girl was pretty close before and now it seems like ur not.

This can be a normal part of growing up when u either left school, college, uni or work. There will always be someone u were really close to but that doesn't mean u won't see each other again. Sometimes it brings something or someone to get u back together.

You said u both sent messages and snaps of each other. You both were interacting and talking untill one of u stopped speaking. Do u think it could be that there's other people she talks to on a daily basis aswell from sending messages to snap chats? Remember u two arnt bf or gf yet.

I do think waiting for her to get back in touch with u will make things see sense. Once she gets back in contact with u then u can talk to her about it. I feel is the best way of starting a sentence then You made me feel.

There are still plenty more fish in the sea if nothing works out x
  • Options
    There are possibly many reasons why she hasn't responded. I admit, I'm pretty shit at texting.
  • Options
    I think u need to give it time and when she does reply back to u then tell her about it.

You dont know yet.

Remember keep reaching out

Hugs x
  • Options
    Hi there,

I agree with the other replies that there could be a number of reasons as to why she's not quick to respond. Perhaps she's busy, or maybe she doesn't like texting too much. You mentioned that you've gone your separate ways since you graduated a few years ago, so perhaps she doesn't feel like you're close enough to have sustained contact. It's really hard to say why she's slow to reply and people not responding to messages can be incredibly frustrating! But there's little we can do about it, so for your own sanity it's best to put it to one side and try to forget about it until she replies.

Why is it that it frustrates you? Do you have strong feelings for her and if so, have you brought this up with her? If you do like her as more than just a friend and she doesn't know this, then she might not realise how irritating it is for you when she doesn't reply. If this is something you're struggling to put to the back of your mind, it might be helpful to bring it up with her next time you speak, as the other posters have suggested.

Hope this helps and get in touch again if you have anymore questions!
  • Options
    I agree with that.

Keep reaching out

CrazyCat

x