Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I stop feeling for An unsavoury

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya as u all know I have been involved with quite an unsavoury bloke on and off. Who has been kicked out by his then gf and now with his ex gf from 3 yrs ago. I'm finding it hard forgetting him knowing he is scum aka alcoholic,liar etc.

Its just the fact he has treated me like shit yet can't shift my feelings especially hearing how one he's with now is throwing money at him and is now on bout moving him into a luxury flat and setting him up in business. I know he's crap and no good to me but feel can't stop thinking bout it feeling meh!

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi Nerdy,

I'm sorry about your situation. It does seem hard to get over someone who you have had a previous relationship with. Judging by what you have been saying about him, it does seem good that you are no longer with him. I see you used the word "meh", I'm wondering if you are not quite sure how you are feeling. Can you think of other ways to describe how you are feeling?
  • Options
    Hi there, it seems like dispite everything he has done ur gonna want him back when the way ur feeling isnt the way u want to feel.

I know its hard to not still think of him and u may not get rid of these feelings yet but u need to keep telling urself that nothing will change if u was still with him, u wouldnt feel that love u really had with him anymore, ur be kidding urself and betrayed by him.

You deserve alot better from someone and its likely ur meet someone else who can treat u better then u once did. There is someone out there for everyone.

Your ex wouldnt last long with anyone. Maybe hes with someone now and moving in with her and getting job but thats the start of it. There will be problems in the end and will know that someone else is having the same situation what u did.

Being with friends and family will help u x
  • Options
    Hey nerdy I heard what you going through I know how it fell to always have your ex on your mind and you can't forget him it fell like you will never get over him and there no one else you like except him even if he treated you like crap but trust me cause now am starting to move on and realasion that there is someone better out there for you you just have to find him because if your ex was the one for you then you would still be together now but yous aren't so he isn't the one for you but start meeting new people find clubs to do to take your mind of things just keep busy so you will have no time to think about him you seem like a nice person you can do much better then him don't let him ruin your life you better then that I hope this has help you out always here if you need to talk x