Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Coworker stuck up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So on the salesfloor at work, a coworker initiated a conversation with me. That was at a big box retailer that sells general merchandise and groceries btw.

Her: is anyone making coffee? I could smell it.
Me: idk. I don't see anyone making it. It could be just the beans.
Her: well, it's not a constant smell. Just on and off.
Me: oh! well, if it isn't CONSTANT smell, then they're NOT making coffee.

She looked at me weird. Ever since then, she never talked to me again. Is she stuck up or did I say something wrong? Won't even engage when I talk to her

Comments

• Options
    Well, that was rather rude on your part...
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Well, that was rather rude on your part...

I didn't know at the time. Should I apologize to her?
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I would respond saying, I want a cuppa to xD haha! #CantCope - Or I would offer to make one, if I have time for conversation, I have time to make coffee! xD
  • Options
    ik. I wish I coulda replied better. Then I wouldn't have to deal with being victimized like this.
  • Options
    You're comment was rude - maybe you should apologise and see what happens? She probably feels more hurt than you. If you said that to me, in what seems like a rude tone, I'd be upset, embarrassed and you would have made me feel dumb. You have no idea what negative self judgements go on in her mind - you may well have confirmed so many of them for her even if that doesn't feel like a possibility to you.
  • Options
    Thx. I'm relieved to know that I played a part in this. Had I been completely innocent, it woulda been great injustice done to me. I hate injustice most of anything. But why do some ppl get penelized for doing what they never knew was wrong?
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Thx. I'm relieved to know that I played a part in this. Had I been completely innocent, it woulda been great injustice done to me. I hate injustice most of anything. But why do some ppl get penelized for doing what they never knew was wrong?

Because maybe it was seen wrong in their eyes, and maybe not yours!? I totes agree with Butterfly though, apologize, and offer to make her a coffee!
  • Options
    A chick at work went a while w/o saying much to me while talking to others. THen one day, I helped her with part of her task at hand and we managed to exchange a few words later that day (aside from the initial thx and ur welcome.) Are things looking up or what? hint: plz be happy for me