Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Expert Chat: Eating disorders (Tuesday 17th March, 6:45-8pm)

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Hey everyone,

On Tuesday, we're running an expert chat all about eating disorders.

We'll be joined by expert Ed, from the charity Beat. Beat provide a helpline as well as online support for both adults and young people who need support and information relating to an eating disorder, including sufferers, carers and professionals too.

Here's some more info:

Who is the expert?
14411943355_40c0425a97_q.jpg
Ed works as a helpline support worker at Beat, providing a listening ear to anyone that calls, emails or chats online via the website. The helpline can provide a place to talk about a situation with someone who is non-judgemental and understanding; whilst providing information on support available.

In his spare time, Ed can often be found on the Tennis court and has a keen interest in following/playing sports in general.

What kinds of things can I ask?
This chat is a chance to talk through issues around food and ask for advice. For example you might want to ask about options for support and paths to recovery, how to support a friend or someone you know with an eating disorder, how to work on your self esteem or how to open up to someone about how you feel etc.

This chat isn't a chance to get a diagnosis.

How will the chat work?
Like all expert chats, this will be open to everyone. In the new chat room it will work a little differently if you're used to the old room. The moderator will ask the room who has a question and then ask you to take it in turns to put them to Ed. You'll also be more than welcome to chip in by sharing experiences and ideas that might be helpful to others.

You will be able to log in as normal on the night in the usual place: http://www.thesite.org/chat/live-chat

What if I can't make it but I have a question?
We can accept questions in advance and put them to Ed on the night, however live questions will take priority. If you have a question you'd like answered then please PM me with it.

Any other questions? Feel free to post them below :)

Comments

• Options
    This is happening tomorrow (Tuesday) :)
  • Options
    This will be starting in around 20 mins (at 6:45pm ;) )
  • Options
    We're open!
    Come on in