Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Law in Spain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi! i am 17 and i live in Spain have done for 2 years now. i left home a year ago but i'm now having problems with my parent.
After a whole year of hearing nothing i get a message saying that i cannot leave Spain to go back to Scotland from my mother without her permission. even tho i have flown back and forth to Scotland a couple of times and had no problems?
Can anyone help me on figuring this one out if its true or not. my mother has a tendency to lie to get into my business..

i am planing on moving back to Scotland at the end of the year so i would like to do it legally..

Comments

• Options
    Hi there and thanks for your message.
    This sounds like a tricky but confusing situation for you, especially if you have flown to Scotland twice already without any problems.
    However this site is based in the UK and therefore, whilst we could advise you about the UK law, our advice may not be relevant in Spain.
    Is there someone in Spain you can ask? Is there a teacher at school or in college?
    Can you ask your other parent about what your mother is saying?

You may also find this thread for new users helpful - http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/166733-*-New-Read-this-first..-*

:)
  • Options
    I lived in Spain and I left for the UK without my mother's permission (but this was 10 years ago). If you have your own passport then the most they could do is register you as a missing person, which would do nothing asides alert the police that someone is worried about you. I doubt theres much they could do and sounds like a scare tactic to me!