Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

FAO WhoWhere

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hope you don't mind me asking this but I've noticed you work in the police so thought no better person to ask right? So I've always wanted to be a police officer, I've had a massive fascination with the police since i was really little. I'm obsessed with watching Road Wars, Britt Cam, Traffic cops anything with police in! I've just applied for a voluntary role with the Police with the Youth offending service in my local city.

So my dream to be a police officer is so high on my list, However I have problems with my joints and they dislocate on a daily basis, I know this is going to affect my chances, I just wondered what the training is like? I'm having surgery this year so if i was to apply for a job it wouldn't be until after my rehabilitation.

I also wondered about the fact I'm known to the police back in my old city, Not for committing any crimes, Mainly for being a MissPa.

Sorry if you don't have any answers, I just thought asking couldn't hurt, right?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just adding..I'm shortlisted for the voulentry role :3
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You'll have to go through the medical examination and fitness examination, that'll determine if you're fit enough to work with the police, one thing they will check are your joints. This is before your training. If you have questions, speak to the force you're applying with.

When I applied a few years back (Don't know if its different) it started with the numeracy/literacy examinations, after passing, it went to a "meet and greet" with other police officers and volunteers for us to ask questions. Then it was the interviews (I failed at this point, nerves got to me with who was interviewing.) Then it would have been the medical examination and then training.