Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Film suggestions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys :wave:

Anyone know of any good films similar to inception, or general films that just get you really thinking? Preferably ones that give you a clear ending because I dislike the end of inception :chin:

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Have you ever watched Shutter Island? That's a good one!!! Christopher Nolan who directed Inception, also directed a movie called Insomnia, I liked the story line of it, despite it being slow at times!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Some of my favourite films that made me think differently, either by being quite complicated, questioning ideas of reality or just have a decent twist.

Interstaller
    Paprika
    Momento
    Primer
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    Before I Go To Sleep
    Usual Suspects
    Moon
    Source Code
    Fight Club
    Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
    Being John Malkovich
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    snakes on a plane :lol:
    I haven't heard of the majority of these listed - cheers guys!
    ella! wrote: »
    snakes on a plane :lol:

:nervous: that was not a fun experience *shivers*

:nervous: that was not a fun experience *shivers*

it was a lame film
    ella! wrote: »
    it was a lame film

Well even so, a lot of fears were shoved into that film all at once so I'm not embarrassed that I found it horrific to watch.
    The thought provoking films are the best. Christopher Nolan never fails to make a good'un, either!

The Prestige (also by Nolan) is one to get you thinking. The story is told through two men reading each other's diaries (written in the knowledge they would be read), so you're never sure what's real and what's not! Wicked twist at the end and it has a cool fantasy element, as well as a lot of magic. Shouldn't disappoint. One of my favourites. :d

(Starring Michael Caine, Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, David Bowie and Scarlett Johansson - great cast!)