Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tattoos?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I'm going away with a few of my friends on holiday in the summer (first one on my own without adults woop woop :yes:) and we were talking about what we wanted to do. My friend said that she wanted to get a tattoo on her foot while she was out there and it got me thinking that I want one too but on my wrist.

However, I have quite a few scars there (I won't elaborate on why) and I was wondering if anyone who has tattoos or knows anything about them could help me?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not sure if it's fact but I've heard that you can't get a tattoo over scars until a certain amount of time has passed - can't remember how long though :chin: are they quite recent scars?
    I'm not sure if it's fact but I've heard that you can't get a tattoo over scars until a certain amount of time has passed - can't remember how long though :chin: are they quite recent scars?
    I have looked it up and you shouldn't get one on a scar that raised on the skin? However, mine are all quite old and are flat - seems to be mostly cosmetic damage at this stage.
    trekkin wrote: »
    I have looked it up and you shouldn't get one on a scar that raised on the skin? However, mine are all quite old and are flat - seems to be mostly cosmetic damage at this stage.

I'd say your best bet is to check with a tattoo artist, they'll be the people to give you the most accurate answer. It's okay to tattoo over some scar tissue, but it really depends on the scar tissue