Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Please..I need someone to talk to....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need someon to talk to...xx

Comments

• Options
    Hey, what's up? Support chat is also on right now if you want to pop in there for a natter, as is general chat if you want more of a distraction *hug*
  • Options
    Hey, what's up? Support chat is also on right now if you want to pop in there for a natter, as is general chat if you want more of a distraction *hug*

Heya,

Thank you for replying.How are you?Haven't apoken to you in ages as haven't really been on TS much...

I would come into the chat but cant as still dont have the flash player installed whixh is needed for it.

A lot on my mind and its doingmy head in....argh!!
  • Options
    There's a new chat room which you can enter on your mobile now if you weren't aware.

What's on your mind lovely? Try and break it down if you can *hug*
  • Options
    No,I wasn't aware of that.I have not been on these boards in quite some time now..How do you access that?

A lot of changes and a lot going on..I dont know where to start?!...Sorry :'( xx
  • Options
    Go on this link and you'll see a join button when chat is open - you've missed tonight's now but support chat will next be on tomorrow at 8pm :)

Start wherever you feel comfortable starting. We're here to listen to you so do feel free to tell us whatever when you're ready.
  • Options
    Go on this link and you'll see a join button when chat is open - you've missed tonight's now but support chat will next be on tomorrow at 8pm :)

Start wherever you feel comfortable starting. We're here to listen to you so do feel free to tell us whatever when you're ready.

Ah okay.Thank you for letting me know about it.Does it work on all phones then, do you know?Hopefully I will start being able to come on and access it.Especially when I need something like that.

I honestly have no idea where to start...there is soo much....xx
  • Options
    PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    How are you feeling this morning Angelface? Have you got a busy day today?

As butterfly said if you need to chat, in need of some support or just somewhere to hang out and have a distraction then joining one of our chats can be really useful. The chat guidelines are here in case you want to find out a bit more about chat before you come along.
    Does it work on all phones then, do you know?

Yep finally!! TheSite Chat is mobile friendly so you can come along to the Live Chat page as normal and log in. The mobile version is more basic so for full features and functionality you'll need to use the chat room on your laptop or desktop computer. This shoudl work on all phones.
    Or you can download the 123FlashChat app for iPhone​ or Android devices. When asked for a chat ID, enter 3479.

Let us know how you are feeling today and if you feel like sharing a bit more we are all here *hug*
  • Options
    Hey,

Thank you for replying to me.It means a lot to me that few people take the time to reply and want to help me and listen/allow me to talk to them.

Not really.I'll probably spend the day on here and the CL message boards.A good distraction for me.I have got a LOT of coursework to catch upnon qs well but can't seem to concentrate and dont really have the motivation either.

Yeah next time a chat is on,I will most definitely try to access it and use it.Maybe it will help me.

A lot on my mind...Money.Possible bipolar.Work stresses.Past affecting me still now in different ways.SH.Mental health playing me up.Notnlong left until my pre group appt.for adult mental health services...etc etc...

Tired.Overwhelmed.Trapped.Worried.Anxious.Nervous.Bottled up.Exhausted.Drained...Etc etc...xxx
  • Options
    PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Glad that the boards here and at CL are a good distraction :) When there is a lot going on in can be so tough to concentrate. Maybe having a go at the subjects you like most first, if you enjoy the subject maybe it will make it easier to focus.

It sounds like you have a lot going on right now, I saw your post about income support I assume that is relating to your money worries. Maybe taking these things one at a time might make it less overwhelming for you. Do you think you could try talking to someone at citizens advice or using the benefits calculator. Once you have looked into this maybe it will take one thing of your list for a little bit and release some of the pressure you are feeling..

Other than us here and the guys at CL have you shared how you are feeling with anyone else?

We have support chat on tonight 8-10pm if you feel like talking to others about what's going.
  • Options
    Heya,

I really do want to use the support chat tonight(for the first time)but I can't seem to download the app?Plus, to download the actual app will any personal information etc be shared or traced?

I haven't really shared it with anyone else apart from on these boards and a little with CL.I mainly reply to other people on the CL boards and don't really ask for my own help and support, even when I need it.I did used to have a few people to talk to but I have either lost them or stopped talking to them for different feelings as well as because of not wanting to waste any more of their time etc.I am under the adult complex needs team in my local area and do have a pre-geoup appt.with them this upcoming tuesday but dont really feel that I am able to talk to them either.Plus, before I can get any individual hlp or treatment from them,I need to complete a group therapy programme first...Who else can I talk to for now, do you think?

There is a lot going on as well as the fact theee are a lot of changes happening and I have had and been through soo many different things already.It does make it harder for me to concentrate yeah and I think that is one of the reasons why I have also fallen behind with my college coursework.I do a course of my career choice(current one anyway)and English GCSE.

Yeah.That post about the income support is related to the money worries I have very briefly mentioned here.It feels difficult to take one thing at a time when everything seems to be all at once again.I am going to consider talking to Citizens Advice about it yeah as maybe that'll help.

Thank you and sorry this was a long reply xx
  • Options
    Heya,

I really do want to use the support chat tonight(for the first time)but I can't seem to download the app?Plus, to download the actual app will any personal information etc be shared or traced?

I haven't really shared it with anyone else apart from on these boards and a little with CL.I mainly reply to other people on the CL boards and don't really ask for my own help and support, even when I need it.I did used to have a few people to talk to but I have either lost them or stopped talking to them for different feelings as well as because of not wanting to waste any more of their time etc.I am under the adult complex needs team in my local area and do have a pre-geoup appt.with them this upcoming tuesday but dont really feel that I am able to talk to them either.Plus, before I can get any individual hlp or treatment from them,I need to complete a group therapy programme first...Who else can I talk to for now, do you think?

There is a lot going on as well as the fact theee are a lot of changes happening and I have had and been through soo many different things already.It does make it harder for me to concentrate yeah and I think that is one of the reasons why I have also fallen behind with my college coursework.I do a course of my career choice(current one anyway)and English GCSE.

Yeah.That post about the income support is related to the money worries I have very briefly mentioned here.It feels difficult to take one thing at a time when everything seems to be all at once again.I am going to consider talking to Citizens Advice about it yeah as maybe that'll help.

Thank you and sorry this was a long reply xx
  • Options
    Sorry I have no idea why this posted twice x
  • Options
    SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
    Hi AngelFace

Good to see that you made it in to chat last night. Do you think you'll feel like coming back to chat again in the next week or so? Sounds like there's a lot going on at the moment and it'd be helpful for you to have a chat.

Citizens Advice might be a good start in terms of sorting out your income - do you think you'll make an appointment? With your coursework, have you been able to do any of it today? Finding the motivation is hard when there's so much going on.

Let us know how you get on *hug*
  • Options
    SarahR wrote: »
    Hi AngelFace

Good to see that you made it in to chat last night. Do you think you'll feel like coming back to chat again in the next week or so? Sounds like there's a lot going on at the moment and it'd be helpful for you to have a chat.

Citizens Advice might be a good start in terms of sorting out your income - do you think you'll make an appointment? With your coursework, have you been able to do any of it today? Finding the motivation is hard when there's so much going on.

Let us know how you get on *hug*

Hello Sarah

Thank you soo much for your lovely and helpful reply.It means alot to me and I appreciate it.

I was only able to stay in the chat for a bit and in a way,I am glad that I did as I felt really lost and out of place.Maybe I will come back into the chat again at some point inthe next week or so or from now on.I need to settle myself into it better somehow though.There is DEFINITELY a LOT going on at the moment yeah...its doing my head in.

I havent been able to get any coursework done today and I feel unaure abot making an appt.I did try the benefits calculator and it told me i was not entitled to any kind of income support....

Hopefully ill talk to you soon,

Xx
  • Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself about your coursework - you've got more important things to focus on at the moment and that's your wellbeing xx

I've replied to your pm - feel free to rant, ramble whatever I don't mind :)
  • Options
    Jazzmaraz wrote: »
    Don't be too hard on yourself about your coursework - you've got more important things to focus on at the moment and that's your wellbeing xx

I've replied to your pm - feel free to rant, ramble whatever I don't mind :)

Yeah I guess that's right.(Thanks for coming here sweetie)

Also,I tried to reply to your PM but it said youd exceeded your allowed PM's so wouldnt let me send?

Xxx
  • Options
    Yeah I'm emptying out my inbox now haha xD

and no worries xx :)
  • Options
    Okay,I'll try to reply now then xx
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Angel, I've just had a read through your thread, and I'm proud of you for reaching out to TheSite.org community when you were struggling, has it helped to be able to talk on here? :heart: It's often difficult finding what helps and what doesn't, so I admire you for knowing that talking on here helps you, even if it's just starting a thread of asking for someone to talk to *hug*

How are you doing now, AngelFace?
  • Options
    Hello Hun,

It's nice to hear from you again.How are you?

I guess it has helped me a little being able to talk on here but I also realise that I need to talk verbally too as I havemot talked about anything in almost 3 weeks now and that's another reason of affecting me,If that makes sense?

I am not sure to be honest.

Thank you for replying to me as I appreciate it xx
  • Options
    Hello Hun,

It's nice to hear from you again.How are you?

I guess it has helped me a little being able to talk on here but I also realise that I need to talk verbally too as I havemot talked about anything in almost 3 weeks now and that's another reason of affecting me,If that makes sense?

I am not sure to be honest.

Thank you for replying to me as I appreciate it xx

Hello AngelFace,

I'm doing well, thanks for asking :) - and your post makes perfect sense, but it's often difficult taking steps to talking verbally, and it's not something everyone can do as the switch of a finger, but realizing its an option, and being able to turn back on it is good. Do you currently get offline support then? As you mentioned you hadn't really spoken to anyone 'verbally' in three weeks. You might also find it useful if you aren't getting support related to your mental heath, to approach your GP, who can pin point you in the right direction.

Look after yourself, Angel, and let us know how things are going :heart:

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    Hello AngelFace,

I'm doing well, thanks for asking :) - and your post makes perfect sense, but it's often difficult taking steps to talking verbally, and it's not something everyone can do as the switch of a finger, but realizing its an option, and being able to turn back on it is good. Do you currently get offline support then? As you mentioned you hadn't really spoken to anyone 'verbally' in three weeks. You might also find it useful if you aren't getting support related to your mental heath, to approach your GP, who can pin point you in the right direction.

Look after yourself, Angel, and let us know how things are going :heart:

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart

Hey

Ah glad to hear that you are doing well-that's good.Yeah I guess it is good.I personally believe that everyone can talk verbally if they/we found the right person..I will be starting with adult complex needs team soon(I have my pre group appt,this week of which im very nervous about)

Thank you again xx
  • Options
    Hey

Ah glad to hear that you are doing well-that's good.Yeah I guess it is good.I personally believe that everyone can talk verbally if they/we found the right person..I will be starting with adult complex needs team soon(I have my pre group appt,this week of which im very nervous about)

Thank you again xx

What about the group are you most nervous about? I'm guessing you've been given all the details about it, etc?
  • Options
    What about the group are you most nervous about? I'm guessing you've been given all the details about it, etc?

Nope not been given many details.Thats what the appt.is all about..Ill be the youngest of all 12 people etc etc xx Just curious, is thay justgiving page photo really you??

I may donate hehe :) xx
  • Options
    Nope not been given many details.Thats what the appt.is all about..Ill be the youngest of all 12 people etc etc xx Just curious, is thay justgiving page photo really you??

I may donate hehe :) xx

Yes, the JustGiving page is really a picture of me, with my two younger siblings, do feel free to sponsor me, every donation is vital to raising more awareness to cancer research! :heart: #SellingMyself

Ah, it's not uncommon at all to feel nervous about group therapy, especially if you haven't been involved in group therapy before. But it's good to see you're giving it ago, and really going for it, do let me know how it goes though :heart:
  • Options
    Ah bless.You don't have to tell me but how old are you and your sisters?You look like such a close knit family and its sweet your all doing that together :) x

The reason im giving it a go is cause i want to be happy and get better in all ways...xx
  • Options
    Ah bless.You don't have to tell me but how old are you and your sisters?You look like such a close knit family and its sweet your all doing that together :) x

The reason im giving it a go is cause i want to be happy and get better in all ways...xx

It was during little uns' first Birthday that was taken, she's two now, blimey, we haven't changed much at all I must say!!! And my little sisters just approached first year at High School, you wouldn't think she would be the confident young un' she is now a few years ago, I managed to get her involved with GirlGuiding where she ended up truly blossoming. And It was a large family photo originally, but ended up cropping people out, but shh :p Thankfully us three were stood together xD - Do you have any siblings? :heart:
  • Options
    It was during little uns' first Birthday that was taken, she's two now, blimey, we haven't changed much at all I must say!!! And my little sisters just approached first year at High School, you wouldn't think she would be the confident young un' she is now a few years ago, I managed to get her involved with GirlGuiding where she ended up truly blossoming. And It was a large family photo originally, but ended up cropping people out, but shh :p Thankfully us three were stood together xD - Do you have any siblings? :heart:

Awh bless y'all..How old were you when you joined TS then?I was 17..

Yeah I got siblings...6 of them....Got 2 brothers and 4 sisters(whole too and not half or step)xxx
  • Options
    Heya,

Thanks for your PM...I tried to reply and it said that you dont want to recieve pms or that you arent allowed to receive them??

Xx