Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Positive things to do when not feeling too positive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

I'm under the crisis team, taking a bit of a break from uni.

Just was looking for ideas of positive, low energy things I can do at the moment.

Rg x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some mindful activities don't take too much energy and can be really helpful. *hug* *hug*
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    After Hmmm7 started that Mindful coloring thread, I've invested in a pretty pattern coloring book from pound land, and I find that helps lift my mood, and it's something that requires a lot of focus, despite having moments of 'I can't be asked doing this' I really felt a sense of accomplishment when I finished it. But gosh, never doing another page again!!!

You did DBT, maybe you could use some of the activities you learnt from that? - Like we did all sorts of strange things you could randomly do!!! Or art, like close your eyes, hold an item in your hand, and try and draw it from touch, I loved doing that, or do it with your face, just don't look at the page until you've finished.

Just stating some of the really obvious things though, I find cooking something simple like short bread to be relaxing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Watch some video pranks, find for JustforLaughs gags or anything that you would like to watch. Or a comedy movie. Then eat ice cream. :D